You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 50 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 50 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 23 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 24 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Adrian Hughes, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service”
Full reports on all 50 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Crossroads House Care Home, Cornwall: Good
- Harbour House, Cornwall: Good
- Headlands, Cornwall: Good
- The Old Roselyon Domicillary Care Ageny, Cornwall: Good
- Margaret Allen House Residential Home, Devon: Good
- Claydon House, East Sussex: Good
- Grosvenor Park Nursing and Residential Home, East Sussex: Good
- Roselands Residential Home, East Sussex: Good
- OSJCT Grevill House, Gloucestershire: Good
- Glen Cottage, Hampshire: Good
- Park House, Isles of Scilly: Good
- Jasmine Domiciliary Care Agency, Kent: Good
- Maidstone Care Centre, Kent: Good
- Welcome House - Nickleby Lodge, Medway: Good
- Tower House, Oxfordshire: Good
- New Support Solutions, Reading: Good
- The Burnham Nursing and Residential Centre, Somerset: Good
- Cumberland Complex, Torbay: Good
- Heathfield Care Home, West Sussex: Good
- Keychange Charity Romans Care Home, West Sussex: Good
- Oaklands Littlehampton Limited, West Sussex: Good
- Rookwood Residential Home, West Sussex: Good
- Disabilities Trust - 25 Welby Close, Windsor and Maidenhead: Good
- Knyveton Hall Rest Home, Bournemouth: Requires improvement
- Shelburne Lodge, Buckinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Ponsandane, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Treseder House, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Grosvenor House, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- MiHomecare - Seaford, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Parkgate Manor, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Avalon Residential Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Euroclydon Nursing Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- King Edwards House, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Zapuzino, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Goodwill and Hope Ltd, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Oak View Residential Care Home, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Little Oyster Residential Home, Kent: Requires improvement
- Pilgrim Homes - Milward House, Kent: Requires improvement
- The Paddock, Kent: Requires improvement
- St Katharine's House, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Hamilton House, Portsmouth: Requires improvement
- Dunster Lodge Residential Home, Somerset: Requires improvement
- St Georges Care Home, Somerset: Requires improvement
- Claremont Court, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Primley Court, Torbay: Requires improvement
- Barnham Manor, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Caremark Limited, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Reach Sistine Manor, Buckinghamshire: Inadequate
- Mont Calm Residential Home, Kent: Inadequate
- Angel Heart Home Care Limited, Surrey: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 07789 875809 or 0191 233 3548 or, for media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. (Please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.