In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 48 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 25 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good and 19 have been rated Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Interim Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Charles House, Birmingham: Good
- The Ridings Care Home, Birmingham: Good
- Ellys Road, Coventry: Good
- Boucherne Limited, Essex: Good
- Edensor Nursing and Residential Home, Essex: Good
- Elizabeth House, Essex: Good
- Firstlings, Essex: Good
- St Michael's Care Home, Essex: Good
- Chalfont Court, Hertfordshire: Good
- Meresworth, Hertfordshire: Good
- Providence Court, Hertfordshire: Good
- Barclay Street, Leicester: Good
- Monson Retirement Home, Lincolnshire: Good
- Faro Lodge, Norfolk: Good
- The Old Rectory, Norfolk: Good
- Nottingham Community Housing Association Limited - 280-282 Wells Road, Nottingham: Good
- Gedling Village Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Stretton Hall Nursing Home, Shropshire: Good
- Tall Oaks Care Home, Staffordshire: Good
- Westfield Lodge, Stoke-on-Trent: Good
- Allied Healthcare Martlesham, Suffolk: Good
- Brierfield Residential Home, Suffolk: Good
- Rose Care Suffolk Ltd, Suffolk: Good
- Fernwood Court Care Home, Walsall: Good
- Inglewood Residential Rest Home, Walsall: Good
- Sovereign House, Coventry: Requires improvement
- Harmony Care and Support, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Ghyll Grove Residential and Nursing Home, Essex: Requires improvement
- St Mary's Court, Essex: Requires improvement
- The Regard Partnership Limited - Church Road, Essex: Requires improvement
- Holly House Residential Care Home, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Lenthall House, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Abbeville Residential Care Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Ridgway House, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Bowbridge Court, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Care UK Community Care Services Friary Court Extra Care Scheme, Peterborough: Requires improvement
- Fairfield Care Home, Solihull: Requires improvement
- De Vere Care - Southend on Sea, Southend-on-Sea: Requires improvement
- St Martins Residential Home, Southend-on-Sea: Requires improvement
- Kirk House Care Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Marquis Court (Tudor House) Care Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Park Farm Lodge, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Alice Grange, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Brownhills Nursing Home, Walsall: Requires improvement
- Medic2 UK Limited - Basildon, Essex: Inadequate
- Guysfield Residential Home, Hertfordshire: Inadequate
- The Cottage Nursing Home Limited, Northamptonshire: Inadequate
- Friars Hall Nursing Home, Suffolk: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Officer, Helen Gildersleeve on 0191 2333379. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.