In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 47 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 28 of these services have been rated as Good, 15 have been rated Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Elizabeth Senior Care Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Leazes Hall Care Home, County Durham: Good
- Poplar Lodge, County Durham: Good
- Seaham View, County Durham: Good
- Kingston Court Care Home, Cumbria: Good
- The Avenue, Darlington: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - 1 Meadow View, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - 2 Meadow View, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - 3 Meadow View, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - 4 Meadow View, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Hillside Grange, Gateshead: Good
- Wynyard Woods, Hartlepool: Good
- Murreyfield House, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Manorcroft, Kirklees: Good
- Ashfield Nursing & Residential Home, Leeds: Good
- Cambridge Park Care Home, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Barrow Hall Care Centre, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Randolph House Care Home, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Heatherfields, North Tyneside: Good
- Leeming Bar Grange Care Home, North Yorkshire: Good
- Milton House Nursing and Residential Home, North Yorkshire: Good
- Silver Birches, North Yorkshire: Good
- Scarbrough Court, Northumberland: Good
- Scottlyn, Northumberland: Good
- Pendleton Care Limited - 384 Lower Broughton Road, Salford: Good
- Pendleton Care Limited - 386 Lower Broughton Road, Salford: Good
- Connell Court, Sefton: Good
- Park View Care Home, Sheffield: Good
- Firs Residential Home, Barnsley: Requires improvement
- Aaron Court Care Home, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Rose Park, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Beeches, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Warrior Park Care Home, Hartlepool: Requires improvement
- Kirkside House, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Seacroft Grange Care Village, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Eldonian House, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Byker Hall Care Home, Newcastle upon Tyne: Requires improvement
- Carisbrooke, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- The Energy Centre, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Morris Grange Care Home, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Handsale Limited - Treelands Care Home, Oldham: Requires improvement
- The Fountains Nursing Home, Salford: Requires improvement
- Mandale Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Carrgreen Nursing Home, Calderdale: Inadequate
- Admiral Court Care Home, Hartlepool: Inadequate
- Walkden Manor, Salford: Inadequate
- Ascot Lodge Nursing Home, Sefton: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager Kirstin Hannaford on 0191 233 3629. Alternatively, the CQC press office can be contacted on 0207 448 9401 or out of hours on 07789 876508.