You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 42 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 42 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 24 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 17 have been rated as Requires Improvement, and one has been rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Segun Oladokun, CQC's Head of Adult Social Care Inspections for London, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 42 inspections are available on this website
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Friern Residential Care Home, Mr Munundev Gunputh, Barnet: Good
- Kenbrook, Methodist Homes, Brent: Good
- Ashglade, Chislehurst Care Limited, Bromley: Good
- Bluebird Care (Croydon), Slades of Surrey Limited, Croydon: Good
- James Terry Court, The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution, Croydon: Good
- LIM Independent Living and Community Care Services Limited, Lim Independent Living & Community Care Services Ltd, Croydon: Good
- Rhema Care Services Limited, Rhema Care Services Limited, Croydon: Good
- Kolbe House, Kolbe House Society, Ealing: Good
- Autumn Gardens, Ourris Properties Limited, Enfield: Good
- H C S Domiciliary Care, HCS (Enfield) Limited, Enfield: Good
- Shenley Lodge, Vijaykoomar Kowlessur, Enfield: Good
- Ashgreen House Residential and Nursing Home, Sanctuary Care Limited, Greenwich: Good
- EdgeHill Care Home, Mr Zaid Mauderbocus, Greenwich: Good
- Royal Greenwich Shared Lives, London Borough of Greenwich, Greenwich: Good
- Standard Care Limited, Standard Care Limited, Hammersmith and Fulham: Good
- HAIL - Domiciliary Care Service, Haringey Association for Independent Living Limited, Haringey: Good
- Axcelence Limited, Axcelence Limited, Havering: Good
- Octavia Housing - 108 Highlever Road, Octavia Housing, Kensington and Chelsea: Good
- The Aurora Options - 94 Burnt Ash Hill, Aurora Options, Lewisham: Good
- Bluebird Care Redbridge, K&T McCormack Ltd, Redbridge: Good
- Care Management Group - Cleveland House, Care Management Group Limited, Redbridge: Good
- Absolute Care Services (Richmond), Absolute Care Services Ltd, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Victoria House, Abbeyfield Society (The), Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Bluebird Care (Wandsworth), Corden Assist Limited, Wandsworth: Good
- Elora House, Dia Tilakasiri, Barking and Dagenham: Requires improvement
- Acacia Lodge - London, M D Pringsheim and Mrs J W Bethuel, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Dimensions 5-6 Duchess Close, Dimensions (UK) Limited, Barnet: Requires improvement
- SENSE - Hyde Close Flats, Sense, Barnet: Requires improvement
- St Christopher's House, Platinum Health Resources Limited, Barnet: Requires improvement
- Allforcare Trading Alomcare, Allfor Care Alpha Care Recruitment West And Home Care Service Ltd, Brent: Requires improvement
- Lee Valley Care Services Limited, Lee Valley Care Services Ltd, Brent: Requires improvement
- Ashcroft - Bromley, Care Providers (UK) Limited, Bromley: Requires improvement
- Albany Lodge Nursing Home, London Residential Healthcare Limited, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Stewart Lodge Care Home, Harvey Stewart & Smith Limited, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Elm House, Connifers Care Limited, Enfield: Requires improvement
- Elmhurst Residential Home, Mr & Mrs T F Chon, Enfield: Requires improvement
- Fairview, Avon Lodge UK Limited, Enfield: Requires improvement
- Acash Lodge I, Apollo Care And Supported Housing Limited, Haringey: Requires improvement
- Pinner Home Care, Mrs Evelyn Zororo A-Kum, Harrow: Requires improvement
- MiHomecare Brockley, MiHomecare Limited, Lewisham: Requires improvement
- Southdown Nursing Home, Mrs Melba Wijayarathna, Sutton: Requires improvement
- Honister Gardens Care Home, Striving for Independence Homes LLP, Harrow: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, journalists wishing to speak to the press office can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.