You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 37 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 37 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 23 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, and 14 have been rated as Requires Improvement.
Under CQC’s programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 37 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Henry Nihill House, Community Of St Mary At The Cross, Barnet: Good
- Edinburgh House, The Spanish and Portuguese Jews Home for the Aged, Brent: Good
- Princes Lodge, UK Care Service Limited, Brent: Good
- Chalton Street, One Housing Group Limited, Camden: Good
- Church Road Hostel, Astra Homes Limited, Croydon: Good
- Woodlands Nursing Home, Regal Care Trading Ltd, Croydon: Good
- Support for Living Limited - 19 Haymill Close Shortbreak Service, Support for Living Limited, Ealing: Good
- Alexandra Park Home, D Weston, Haringey: Good
- Osborne Grove Nursing Home, London Borough of Haringey, Haringey: Good
- Blue Crystal Care Agency, Ms Latha Kathirkamathamby, Harrow: Good
- Norwood - 60 Carlton Avenue, Norwood, Harrow: Good
- 186-188 Lowdell Close, Life Opportunities Trust, Hillingdon: Good
- Franklin House, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, Hillingdon: Good
- Mears Care - London, Mears Care Limited, Hounslow: Good
- 17 Chamberlain Way, Respite Unit, Balance (Support) CIC, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- Hamilton Nursing Home, London Residential Healthcare Limited, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- Helmar Care and Community Services Limited, Helmar Care and Community Services Limited, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- Murray House, Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames: Good
- Elwis House, PLUS (Providence Linc United Services), Lewisham: Good
- M Power Limited - 22a Bromley Road, M Power Limited, Lewisham: Good
- Alexander House, Alexander House, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Southwark Disablement Association, Southwark Disablement Association, Southwark: Good
- Carmen Lodge, Forest Residential Care Homes Limited, Waltham Forest: Good
- Darcy House, Triangle Community Services Limited, Barking and Dagenham: Requires improvement
- Baytree Lodge, Baytree Community Care (London) Limited, Barnet: Requires improvement
- The Heathers Residential Care Home, The Heathers Residential Care Home Limited, Bromley: Requires improvement
- Hill House Care Home, Hill House Nursing Home Limited, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Trinity Care Services Limited, Trinity Care Services Limited, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Acton Care Centre, Vintage Care Limited, Ealing: Requires improvement
- Manor Court Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Ealing: Requires improvement
- Alton House, Mr & Mrs F Barrs, Havering: Requires improvement
- Alan Morkill House, GCH (Alan Morkill House) Limited, Kensington and Chelsea: Requires improvement
- Woodbury, Balance (Support) CIC, Kingston upon Thames: Requires improvement
- Enterprise Care Support Limited, Enterprise Care Support Ltd, Merton: Requires improvement
- Abel Care Ltd, Abel Care Ltd, Redbridge: Requires improvement
- Airthrie Homes - 56 Airthrie Road, Mrs Jacqueline Lorraine Bailey, Redbridge: Requires improvement
- Barnardo's Indigo Project, Barnardo's, Redbridge: Requires improvement
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, journalists wishing to speak to the press office can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.