You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 26 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 26 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 17 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, five have been rated Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sally Warren, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 26 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Bluebird Care (Barnet), Barnet: Good
- Franklyn Lodge, Brent: Good
- Acacia Care Centre, Croydon: Good
- S.A.I Infinity Care, Croydon: Good
- The Eadmund, Croydon: Good
- Arthur Lodge Residential Care Home, Enfield: Good
- Laurel House, Enfield: Good
- The Conifers Healthcare Limited, Enfield: Good
- Glengariff, Harrow: Good
- Ashgate House, Havering: Good
- Beech Court Care Centre, Havering: Good
- The Highgate Nursing Home, Islington: Good
- Forever Good Care Ltd, Merton: Good
- Meadowsweet, Merton: Good
- Sunrise Day Care Services Ltd, Merton: Good
- Marling Court, Richmond upon Thames: Good
- Walsingham Support - Supported Living and Community and Home Support Services, Sutton: Good
- Bluebird Care (Croydon), Croydon: Requires improvement
- Morven House, Croydon: Requires improvement
- Westcombe Park Nursing Home, Greenwich: Requires improvement
- Nightingale House, Havering: Requires improvement
- Folkestone Nursing Home, Newham: Requires improvement
- Acacia Lodge - London, Barnet: Inadequate
- Clovelly House Residential Home LTD, Barnet: Inadequate
- Park Lodge, Kingston upon Thames: Inadequate
- Welcome Care Home Limited, Lewisham: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.