You are here
CQC inspectors publish ratings on 19 London adult social care services
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 19 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across London.
Following recent inspections, 9 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, eight have been rated Requires Improvement and two has been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Segun Oladokun, CQC's Head of Adult Social Care Inspection in London, said:
“Everyone should be confident that their local social care providers will deliver safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. Where we find that this is the case, we give a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
“If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to deliver a full plan setting out how they will address the issues that have been identified. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
“For services found to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action in order to protect the health and wellbeing of local service users.”
Full reports on all 19 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Apthorp Care Centre, Barnet: Good
- Franklyn Lodge 9 Grand Avenue, Brent: Good
- Whitworth Lodge, Croydon: Good
- Support for Living Limited - 21 Haymill Close, Ealing: Good
- Community Solutions (part of Harrow Mencap), Harrow: Good
- Acorn Residential Home, Merton: Good
- Redspot Homecare, Redbridge: Good
- Gaywood Street, Southwark: Good
- Approach Lodge Limited - 2 Approach Road, Tower Hamlets: Good
- Eastbrook House, Enfield: Requires improvement
- Rosemont Care Limited t/a Rosemont Care, Havering: Requires improvement
- Dimensions The Mulberries, Hounslow: Requires improvement
- Abbeyfield House - New Malden, Kingston upon Thames: Requires improvement
- Langley Court Rest Home, Kingston upon Thames: Requires improvement
- Sunlight House, Merton: Requires improvement
- Greenmantle Care Home, Redbridge: Requires improvement
- Lakeshore Care Ltd, Sutton: Requires improvement
- Emmanuel Care Services Limited, Greenwich: Inadequate
- Precinct Road, Hillingdon: Inadequate
For further information please contact Yetunde Akintewe, CQC Regional Engagement Manager, on 07471 020 659. For media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.