You are here
CQC announces three new non-executive Board members
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has announced the appointments by the Secretary of State for Health of three non-executive Board members – Sir John Oldham, Liz Sayce and Mark Saxton.
- Sir John Oldham is Adjunct Professor at the Institute of Global Health at Imperial College and was the Chair of the Independent Commission on Whole Person Care. Also, he was a member of NHS England’s National Quality Board and was the National Clinical Lead for Quality and Productivity at the Department of Health.
- Liz Sayce was, until May 2017, Chief Executive of Disability Rights UK. She has been a member of the Committee of Healthwatch England since 2014, is a member of the Government’s Social Security Advisory Committee and will shortly be undertaking a Fellowship at the London School of Economics. Previously she was director of policy and communications at the Disability Rights Commission.
- Mark Saxton has been a non-executive director of Yeovil Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, during which he has chaired its committees on workforce and remuneration. Prior to that, Mark held senior management positions in HR and general management in FTSE and NYSE listed companies both internationally and in the UK.
Sir John and Liz took up their positions on 1 January 2018. Mark will take up his position on 1 March 2018.
Peter Wyman, Chair of the Care Quality Commission (CQC), said: "I am delighted to announce the appointments of Sir John, Liz and Mark to our Board.
"Our three new non-executive directors bring a wealth of diverse experience which complements the expertise we already have and will help us deliver our strategy.
"On behalf of the rest of the Board, I would like to welcome them to CQC and I look forward to working with them."
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours.
Also, follow the team on Twitter for the latest national announcements: @CQCPressOffice.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here: www.cqc.org.uk/media . (Please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters).
For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 5 January 2018
Notes to editors
- Read more about CQC’s board of executive and non-executive directors.
- As non-executive members of CQC’s Board, all three appointees will each receive £7,833 per annum, with a time commitment of up to three days a month.
- Read more about CQC’s five-year strategy.
- Sir John Oldham, Liz Sayce and Mark Saxton replace former non-executive board members, Michael Mire, Kay Sheldon and Jennifer Dixon.