Changes to registered details: change of an individual's name – notification form

Page last updated: 11 March 2024
Organisations we regulate

You must use the up-to-date form on this page and send it by email

When and how to tell us if a registered individual has changed their name.

When you need to tell us about your change of name

If you are a:

  • partner in a partnership
  • registered manager
  • registered individual
  • nominated individual

you must notify us if you change your name.

You must submit proof of identity and evidence of your change of name when you submit your notification. Suitable documents are one of the following:

  • marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • decree absolute
  • deed poll

Once you have notified us about the change you would like to make, you must apply to change your registration.

Statement of purpose: If this change affects what is in your statement of purpose you will need to amend that too. Find out how to change your statement of purpose.

How to notify us

Use this form to tell us about your change of name. You only need to fill in sections 1 and 3.

You must provide all the information we ask for. If your form is incomplete we will return it to you.

Email the completed form to