As soon as you know the outcome of an application to deprive a person of their liberty, you must tell us:
- about the outcome of the application to deprive a person of their liberty
- about the outcome of any application made to the Court of Protection. Do this even where you have not made the application yourself. For example, the local authority may have applied to the court
- if an application is withdrawn.
Do not tell us you are making an application. Only tell us about outcomes or withdrawn applications.
How to notify us
There are 3 ways you can tell us about the outcome of an application to deprive someone of their liberty.
Use our existing provider portal
If you already have an account you can notify us online through the CQC provider portal.
Notify us online: new CQC portal
If we have invited you to use our new system, you can use the online notification form. See your invitation email 'New CQC portal: sign up today' to find out how to log in and notify us.
Email a Word form
Use this form to tell us any of these:
- the outcome of an application to deprive a person of their liberty
- the outcome of any application to the Court of Protection
- you have withdrawn an application to deprive a person of their liberty.
If you are using assistive technology and have any issues using this form, please contact us to let us know. We will make reasonable adjustments wherever possible.
Email the completed form to HSCA_notifications@cqc.org.uk.
Your acknowledgement number may be different to what you expect. As we upgrade our systems you will receive either an ENQ reference number, notification ID, or case ID. Any of these numbers will identify your notification.