You are here
Our monitoring approach: what to expect
As the country moves into the next phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re moving on from our transitional monitoring approach. As things change, we’re continuing to develop our approach and building on what we know works well.
From July 2021 we’re introducing a monthly review of the information we have on most of the services we regulate. To start with, this will not include primary care dental services or NHS trusts.
This approach will:
- help us to prioritise our activity
- involve publishing a statement on our website for lower risk services. This will let providers and the public know that we have not found any evidence that tells us we need to re-assess the rating or quality of care at that service at that time.
For all the services we regulate, including primary care dental services and NHS trusts, we will continue to:
- focus on safety and how effectively a service is led
- have structured conversations with providers, with a focus on safety and leadership
- use our specific existing key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) to monitor a service
- use digital methods and our local relationships to have better direct contact with people who are using services, their families and staff in services
- target inspection activity where we have concerns.
- Last updated:
- 07 July 2021