You are here
This section provides information about our role and the legal responsibilities of healthcare providers that handle controlled drugs.
What we do
Our work to oversee the safer management of controlled drugs involves:
- scrutinising how regulators and agencies work together
- leading the Controlled Drugs National Group
- reporting how partner organisations work together to government
- assessing and overseeing how health and social care providers manage controlled drugs.
- taking part in local intelligence networks. These are led by NHS England and bring together organisations from:
- NHS and independent health
- responsible bodies, regulators and agencies including the General Pharmaceutical Council, NHS Counter Fraud Authority and police services.
- Last updated:
- 13 July 2017