You are here
Working for CQC - our commitment to equality
We recognise the real benefits of having a diverse community of staff. We are committed to creating a culture where staff are valued, involved, supported and feel safe from discrimination.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Our commitment to equality, diversity and human rights underpins our work. We take part in these schemes:
- Stonewall Diversity Champions programme
- Business Disability Forum
- Mindful Employer
- Employers for carers
- Positive about disabled people
We are keen to recruit people with a wide range of skills and experiences.
We encourage applications regardless of:
- gender reassignment
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
- marital or civil partnership status
- pregnancy or maternity status.
Equality of opportunity
Our equality objectives include improving equality of opportunity for our staff and applicants. We:
- have an equality and diversity policy covering staffing issues. This includes a specific policy to make reasonable adjustments for disabled staff
- do equality and human rights impact assessments on our work
- use monitoring information to
- check we do not discriminate in employment
- plan positive action to address inequality.
- support three staff equality networks:
- race equality
- lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans
- Last updated:
- 07 August 2018