Although we inspect and regulate different care services in different ways, there are some things we do that apply across all services.
The way we regulate care services involves:
- Registering people that apply to us to provide services.
- Using data, evidence and information throughout our work.
- Using feedback you've given us to help us reach our judgements.
- Inspections carried out by experts.
- Publishing information on our judgements. In most cases we also publish a rating to help you choose care.
- Taking action when we judge that services need to improve or to make sure those responsible for poor care are held accountable for it.