You are here
Our strategy and business plan
We're improving the way we inspect and regulate health and social care services to make sure they provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care, and to encourage services to make improvements.
In 2013 we launched a three-year strategy outlining our new approach to regulation. This included the introduction of specialist inspections using teams of experts. We are now developing a new five-year strategy, which we will launch in April 2016.
Developing our new strategy (2016 to 2021)
Our new strategy will focus on how we can help to address the challenges facing the health and social care sector while we continue to make sure we are always on the side of the people who use services. More than just an organisational strategy, we want it to be a vision for the future of quality regulation.
We are focusing on three key areas in developing our new strategy
- Looking at how providers use the resources available to deliver high-quality care.
- Looking at factors that affect quality beyond individual providers – e.g. pathways of care and geographical regions.
- Refining our model to make it more efficient and effective by:
- Considering the balance between registration, inspection, monitoring and information from providers (or partners).
- Considering how we can do more to encourage improvement in quality, alongside our partners.
We'll continue to report on our progress. In the meantime, you can find out more about our journey so far by looking at our presentation.
- Last updated:
- 3 August 2015