You are here

Report a concern if you are a member of staff

  • Public

You can contact us if you want to raise a concern about the health or social care service you work for (sometimes called 'whistleblowing').

Before contacting us, you may want to:

  • speak to your line manager or a senior member of staff about your concerns.
  • read your employer's whistleblowing policy which will give you information on what to do next.

If you feel like you can't talk to someone in your organisation, read our quick guide to whistleblowing or guidance for workers which give helpful advice on speaking out about poor care and what protection you will have from the law.

Whistleblowing: Quick guide to raising a concern with CQC PDF | 268.38 KB

We have also produced a document explaining to providers of services why they should have a whistleblowing policy and the benefits of encouraging workers to raise concerns.

Whistleblowing: Guidance for providers PDF | 566.29 KB

Your privacy

The information you give us will be dealt with in confidence and you can raise concerns anonymously.

If you provide us with your contact details, we may use this information to:

  • respond to you - if you have asked us to
  • contact you - if we need further details.

We will treat your personal information in confidence but there may be times when we need to share it with others. This includes when:

  • we believe a vulnerable person is at risk of harm
  • a serious crime has been committed
  • another organisation needs to take action to ensure the safety and quality of care.

You can find out more about our approach to confidentiality in our Privacy statement.

Last updated:
13 January 2016