You are here
How to get and re-use CQC information and data
We want to be as open and transparent as we can be with the information we collect, analyse and store.
As a result, we make the complete directory of places where CQC regulated care is provided in England available as a download and we offer a widget which lets people embed summary information about each of the places we regulate.
We are also developing partnerships with other websites to increase the amount of feedback we get from the public about health and care services.
We encourage people to use these tools to build their own services – especially those that help people find out about the health and social care options available to them.
- About the CQC
- Download our complete directory of
places that provide care
- Share the information
on your website
Our widget lets anyone embed CQC information on their own website. Each place that is regulated by CQC has a widget showing their CQC rating (or a summary of the results of CQC’s latest checks for those not yet rated), along with a link to its full profile on cqc.org.uk.
This is particularly useful for:
- providers that are rated by CQC who are required by law to display their ratings
- providers that are regulated by CQC who want to show that they are registered with CQC
- people who build directory services.
How to get the widget
For more information on getting the widget for the place you are interested in, see our CQC Widget help page.
Locations regulated by CQC
The file contains a complete list of the places in England where care is regulated by CQC. It includes every hospital, care home, GP, dentist and care home agency in England as well as other types of service like ambulances, prison care services and hospices.
We usually update this file once a week. Follow @CQCsyndication on Twitter to find out when new files are published.
Archive of files
Care directory with filters
This file contains details of registered managers and care home bed numbers. It also allows you to easily filter by the regulated activities, service types or service user bands.
We usually update this file once a month. Follow @CQCsyndication on Twitter to find out when new files are published.
Archive of files (CQC care directory - with filters)
How you can use this information
This information is available under the Open Government Licence, which means you can:
- copy, publish, distribute and transmit the information, as long as you do this in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and acknowledge the source.
- adapt the information, as long as you do not misrepresent it or use it to mislead people.
- use the information commercially, for example by combining it with other information, or by including it in your own product or application.
Before you use the information, you should read the full terms of the licence.
If you use our CSV file, please acknowledge somewhere on your site or service that you are using CQC information.
Contact us or send us feedback
- Last updated:
- 13 July 2015