Service provider?You'll find information for people who run home care services in our Guidance for providers section.
We register a range of different services which offer care in the home.
The most common of these services are home-care agencies, which offer people a care worker in their own homes to help meet a range of needs.
These agencies offer a wide variety of care, in some cases a full 24-hour day of care.
Types of services in your home
Home care agencies
- Care workers visit people in their own homes.
- Visits take place at various times throughout the day.
- The number of these agencies is rising.
- Medical consultations in your home.
- Possible consultation with a doctor over the internet.
- Nurses or other healthcare professionals may support the doctor.
- Clinical services over the phone, through websites or by email.
- Initial consultation is usually with a registered nurse.
- Services may include advice, diagnosis, prescriptions and referrals.
Find out about how we monitor, inspect and regulate services in your home.