You are here
Our reports on Castlebeck
Following the closure of Winterbourne View, we have now inspected all facilities provided by Castlebeck Care Group.
Our inspectors made unannounced visits to each service and were supported by specialist expertise.
Of Castlebeck’s 23 other services, our inspectors found:
- four services with serious concerns.
- a further seven services that were not compliant with one or more of the essential standards of quality and safety.
- 12 services that were compliant with the standards.
As well as individual examples of poor practice, they found a number of company-wide themes including:
- lack of staff training.
- inadequate staffing levels.
- poor care planning.
- failure to notify relevant authorities of safeguarding incidents.
- failure to involve people in decisions about their own care.
We have taken a range of actions to address these issues and will continue to work with Castlebeck and commissioners to make sure that the safety and welfare of people using these services are met.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017