You are here
Our annual report for 2012/13
Our annual report gives us an opportunity to reflect on some of the highlights from 2012/13 and to look ahead to our work in the future.
In 2012/13, we carried out a fundamental review of our purpose and role. You can see the changes we’re now making in Our strategy and business plan.
Other highlights in 2012/13
Some of the key highlights of our work in 2012/13 include:
- carrying out over 35,000 inspections across NHS hospitals, independent health services, dental services, care homes, domiciliary care services and ambulance services.
- creating a bank of more than 300 expert advisors, including doctors, GPs, nurses and midwives, who contribute to our inspections and other activities.
- involving Experts by Experience in more than 1,400 inspections.
- registering more than 7,500 GP practices online.
- issuing 910 warning notices to services that were providing unacceptable care.
- receiving more than 600,000 visits to our website in January 2013.
- being awarded 36th place in the UK Top 50 Companies for Customer Service programme.
Visit Annual Report 2012/13 for more information on these highlights and others.
Our role is to make sure care services provide people with safe, compassionate, high-quality and effective care.
As part of this, we want your feedback on the plans we have developed to ensure this happens. To find out more and to get involved, visit Consultation on changes to the way we inspect, regulate and monitor services.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017