You are here
NHS inspections for July 2015 announced
We have announced the next group of acute, community health and mental health providers to be inspected in July 2015.
Rather than quarterly announcements, we will now announce the hospitals we are going to inspect every month to give providers 20 weeks’ notice of an inspection.
The inspections – which are carried out by a mixture of inspectors, clinicians, and experts by experience – will assess whether the service overall is: safe, effective, caring, responsive to people’s needs and well-led.
Following the inspection, each provider will receive an overall rating of either: outstanding, good, requires improvement or inadequate. Additionally, each of the core services such as maternity and accident and emergency, will also be rated in the same way to provide performance information at a service, hospital and trust level.
The providers listed below are being inspected for different reasons. These include hospitals that are priorities for inspection and those that are low risk, following CQC’s analysis of information, following up on concerns raised regionally and a commitment to inspect different types of trusts in different parts of the country.
The providers to be inspected in July are:
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
Acute and community
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust
Mental health and community
- 5 Borough Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017