You are here
More providers to be inspected under new approach
The next batch of acute, community healthcare and mental health providers will face an inspection between July and September 2014 as part of our new approach to inspection. This batch of 18 inspections will include ambulance trusts and an independent provider.
The inspections will assess the providers to see if the service overall is: safe, effective, caring, responsive to people’s needs and well-led
They will also be carried out by a mixture of inspectors, clinicians and Experts by Experience.
Following the inspection, each provider will receive an overall rating of either: outstanding, good, requires improvement or inadequate.
Additionally, each of the eight core services such as maternity and accident and emergency, will also be rated in the same way to provide performance information at a service, hospital and trust-level.
The providers listed below are being inspected for different reasons. These include following-up on an earlier inspection, trusts that are hoping to secure foundation status, hospitals that are priorities for inspection and those that are low risk, following CQC’s analysis of evidence, and following-up on issues raised locally by hospital managers.
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust
- Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Yorkshire NHS trust
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Wirral Community NHS Trust
- South Central Ambulance Service Foundation Trust
- University Hospital Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
- Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- St Andrew's Healthcare (independent mental health provider)
- Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust
We will be hosting listening events prior to these inspections, where members of the public will be invited to share their experiences of the services with members of the inspection teams. Details about these events will be confirmed on the listening events page soon.
You can also Share your experiences with us online.
We are also currently recruiting for a range of exciting positions, so have a look at our new website for all the details.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017