You are here
Inspectors publish reports on 50 more GP practices under new CQC approach
The Care Quality Commission has published a further 50 reports on the quality of care provided by GP practices in different parts of the country.
Following recent inspections by specialist teams, 42 of the practices have been rated as Good, one has been rated as Outstanding, and seven have been rated Requires Improvement.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s GP practices are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Professor Nigel Sparrow, CQC's Senior National GP Advisor said:
“We know that the vast majority of England's GPs are providing a service which is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led. If that is what we find on inspection - we give it a rating of Good, and I congratulate the GPs and staff in these practices.
“Patients should be able to expect high quality and consistent care from every GP practice. Where we have required improvement, we will expect the practice to take the necessary steps to address the issue, and we will return at a later date to check that those improvements have been made."
For media enquiries, call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 30 May 2017
Notes to editors
Please refer to the separate press release on the practice which has been rated Outstanding.
These are among the first GP practices to receive ratings following the introduction of our new inspection regime, which features specialist teams including inspectors, GPs and practice nurses.
To get to the heart of people’s experiences of care, we always ask the following five questions of services:
- Are they safe?
- Are they effective?
- Are they caring?
- Are they responsive to people’s needs?
- Are they well-led?
At every NHS GP practice we will look at the quality of care for the following six population groups: Older people, People with long-term conditions, Families, children and young people, Working age people (including those recently retired and students), People whose circumstances may make them vulnerable, People experiencing poor mental health (including people with dementia).
The full list of inspection reports published today under CQC’s new approach is below. The list includes CCG areas and overall ratings for each practice.
- Prudhoe Medical Group, Northumberland: Outstanding
- Dr Law & Partners, East Staffordshire: Good
- Drs Knight, Hargraves and Flores, Herefordshire: Good
- Elgar House, Redditch & Bromsgrove: Good
- Drs Trewin, Burton, Barron, Atherton & Brookes, East Staffordshire: Good
- Alrewas Surgery, East Staffordshire: Good
- The Tutbury Practice, East Staffordshire: Good
- Drs Wood and Hearne, Herefordshire: Good
- Dr Latchem & Partners, Lincolnshire: East Good
- Mersham Medical Centre, Croydon: Good
- St Andrews Medical Practice 2, Salford: Good
- Cornerstone, Salford: Good
- Union Brae and Norham Practice, Northumberland: Good
- Dr Prasad's Practice, Liverpool: Good
- Dr PF Mullen's Practice, Liverpool: Good
- The Bondgate Practice, Northumberland: Good
- Everton Road Surgery and Merseyview Walk in Centre, Liverpool: Good
- Pendleton Medical Centre, Salford: Good
- Haltwhistle Medical Group, Northumberland: Good
- Drs Winslow and Menage, Northumberland: Good
- Scots Gap Medical Group, Northumberland: Good
- The Practice Harehills Corner, Leeds South and East: Good
- Aspull Surgery, Wigan: Good
- Kirkdale, Liverpool: Good
- Windmill Health Centre, Leeds South and East: Good
- Ashfield Medical Centre, Leeds South and East: Good
- Oulton Medical Centre, Leeds South and East: Good
- Ash Trees Surgery, Lancashire North: Good
- Silverdale Medical Practice, Salford: Good
- Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser, Liverpool: Good
- Moorfield House Surgery Leeds, South and East: Good
- Austen Road Surgery, Guildford and Waverley: Good
- East Horsley Medical Centre, Guildford and Waverley: Good
- The Gateway Medical Practice, Dartford, Gravesham & Swanley CCG: Good
- The Border Practice, North East Hampshire CCG: Good
- St Paul's Practice, West Hampshire CCG: Good
- Evergreen Practice, Bracknell and Ascot: Good
- The Gainsborough Practice, Bracknell and Ascot: Good
- Victoria Practice, North East Hampshire CCG: Good
- Boundary House, Bracknell and Ascot: Good
- Kings Corner Surgery, Bracknell and Ascot: Good
- Fleet Medical Centre, North East Hampshire and Farnham CCG: Good
- River Wey Medical Practice, North East Hampshire and Farnham CCG: Good
- Marisco Medical Practice, Lincolnshire East: Requires improvement
- Dr Christopher Warburton, Salford: Requires improvement
- The Shrubbery Surgery, Dartford, Gravesham & Swanley: Requires improvement
- Binfield Surgery, Bracknell and Ascot: Requires improvement
- The Waterfield Practice, Bracknell and Ascot: Requires improvement
- Forest End Medical Centre, Bracknell and Ascot: Requires improvement
- Heath Hill Surgery, Bracknell and Ascot: Requires improvement