You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 89 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 89 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections none have been rated Outstanding, 49 have been rated as Good, 31 have been rated Requires Improvement and nine have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 89 inspections are available on this website.
- CRG Homecare - Blackburn, Castlerock Recruitment Group Ltd, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- King Edward Care Home, Mrs S L Pitman and D J Wheeler, Blackpool: Good
- Woodlands House, Woodlands Care GRP Ltd, Bolton: Good
- Rowanberries, Methodist Homes, Bradford: Good
- Three Sisters & Bronte View, Voyage 1 Limited, Bradford: Good
- Alexandra House - Bury, Complete Care NW Limited, Bury: Good
- Bradford Supported Living, Saint John of God Hospitaller Services, Calderdale: Good
- Supported Living Service, Horton Housing Association, Calderdale: Good
- Alice Chilton In-Home Care Services Limited, Alice Chilton In Home Care Services Ltd, Cheshire East: Good
- Clarendon Court Care Home, Maria Mallaband (6) Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- Family Care Solutions, Mrs Lynda Margery Dunlop, Cheshire East: Good
- AMG Nursing and Care Services, AMG Consultancy Services Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Leftwich Community Support Centre, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Special Needs Care Limited, Special Needs Care Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Lindisfarne CLS Residential, Gainford Care Homes Limited, County Durham: Good
- Nevilles Court, Durham Care Line Limited, County Durham: Good
- Hospice of St. Mary of Furness, Hospice of St. Mary of Furness, Cumbria: Good
- Powbeck House, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria: Good
- The Oaklea Trust Supported Living (South Cumbria & Lancashire), The Oaklea Trust, Cumbria: Good
- Wright care 2012 Limited, Wright Care 2012 Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Granville Court, Humber NHS Foundation Trust, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- NL Group Limited, NL Group Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- The White House Residential Home, Accomodating Care (Driffield) Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Fountain Court, Housing & Care 21, Gateshead: Good
- NL Group Limited, NL Group Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Hopton Cottage Care Home, Hopton Care Cottages Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Brierfield House, Four Seasons (No 11) Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Cherry Tree Lodge Private Residential Care Home, Cherry Tree Lodge Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Gillibrand Hall Nursing Care Home, Century Healthcare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Sherwood, Townfield and Coach House Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Acacia Court, Meridian Healthcare Limited, Leeds: Good
- Cordant Care - Manchester, Prime Time Recruitment Limited, Manchester: Good
- Elizabeth House, GMA Healthcare Ltd, Middlesbrough: Good
- North Ormesby Road, Richmond Fellowship(The), Middlesbrough: Good
- Parkville Care Centre, Prestige Care Limited, Middlesbrough: Good
- Real Life Options - Tyneside Domiciliary Service, Real Life Options, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Stallingborough Lodge Care Home, Shire Care (Nursing & Residential Homes) Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Carisbrooke Manor, Kapil Care Homes Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Gladstone Care Limited - 54 Gladstone Street, Gladstone Care Ltd, North Yorkshire: Good
- The Lodge, Hamilton Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Medlock Court, Oldham Care and Support Ltd, Oldham: Good
- Fitzwilliam Lodge, Parkcare Homes (No.2) Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Waterside Grange, Horizon Care Homes Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Balmoral Care Home, Four Seasons Health Care (England) Limited, Sheffield: Good
- South View - Briardene Unit, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Ivy Cottage, Ivy Cottage (Ackton) Ltd, Wakefield: Good
- Westy Hall Residential Care Home, CLS Care Services Limited, Warrington: Good
- Cuerden Developments Limited - Alexandra Court, Cuerden Developments Ltd, Wigan: Good
- Birchlands Care Home, Birchlands (Haxby) Limited, York: Good
- Dearne Hall, Anchor Carehomes Limited, Barnsley: Requires improvement
- Hollycroft Care Home, Ringdane Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Thompson Court, City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Ferney Lee Services for Older People, Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- The Mayfield Trust Outreach Service, The Mayfield Trust, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Weston Park Care Home, Lunan House Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Jane Care, Mr Michael James Holmes, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Jane Care, Mr Michael James Holmes, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- The Beeches, JC Kunning, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Lindisfarne Hartlepool, Gainford Care Homes Limited, Hartlepool: Requires improvement
- Whitelow House Nursing and Residential Home, Qualitas Care Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Paisley Lodge, Indigo Care Services Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Prestige First Call, Mrs Catherine Fisher, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Crompton Drive, Community Integrated Care, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Interserve Healthcare - Liverpool, Interserve Healthcare Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Laurel Court (Didsbury), Methodist Homes, Manchester: Requires improvement
- The Hylands Retirement Home, A & D Rhoden, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Holmside Residential Care Home, Holmside Residential Care Home, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Riverside House, Akari Care Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Direct Health (Oldham), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Oldham: Requires improvement
- Shaw Side Residential and Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Oldham: Requires improvement
- Heywood Court Care Home, Four Seasons (Bamford) Limited, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Short Term Assessment and Re-ablement Service, Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Dovehaven Nursing Home, Mrs Wendy J Gilbert & Mr Mark J Gilbert, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Orrell Grange, 1st Care Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- The Augustinian Nursing Sisters Ince Blundell Hall, The Augustinian Nursing Sisters, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Anderson Close, Community Care Matters Limited, Warrington: Requires improvement
- Ryfields Village, Warrington Community Living, Warrington: Requires improvement
- Premier Care Limited - Wirral Branch, Premier Care Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Dignity Care (York) Limited, Dignity Care (York) Limited, York: Requires improvement
- Haxby Hall, City of York Council, York: Requires improvement
- Amber Banks Care Home, Amberbanks Care Home Ltd, Blackpool: Inadequate
- The Gateway Care Home, All Saints Care Limited, Bradford: Inadequate
- The Abbey, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria: Inadequate
- Bentley Care Home, Argyle Care Group Limited, Liverpool: Inadequate
- Long Meadow Care Home, Long Meadow (Ripon) Limited, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- Ferns Nursing Home Limited, Ferns Nursing Home Limited, Sefton: Inadequate
- Cale Green Nursing Home, Smallwood Homes Limited, Stockport: Inadequate
- Direct Health (Stockton on Tees), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Inadequate
- Millfields Residential Care Home, Mr & Mrs J Fieldhouse, Wakefield: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07464 92 9966.
David Fryer, CQC Regional Engagement Manager by email email@example.com or by phone on 01900 336 787.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
Since 1 April 2015, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily.
On 17 February 2016 we launched our care home ratings map, which gives a picture of how we've rated care homes across England: http://www.cqc.org.uk/content/map-care-home-ratings-england.