You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 85 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 85 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections one has been rated as Outstanding, 49 have been rated as Good, 27 have been rated Requires Improvement and eight have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC's new programme of inspections, all of England's adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 85 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Cherwell Centre, PossAbilities C.I.C, Rochdale: Outstanding
- Water Royd Nursing Home, Maria Mallaband Limited, Barnsley: Good
- Birch Hall Care Centre, Grange Healthcare Ltd, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Golden Years Care Home, Mrs M C Prenger, Blackpool: Good
- The Elizabeth Frankland Moore Blesma Home Blackpool, British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association, Blackpool: Good
- Ashcroft Nursing Home - Bradford, Anchor Trust, Bradford: Good
- Hepdene House, Voyage 1 Limited, Calderdale: Good
- West Lodge Care Home, West Lodge Care Homes Limited, County Durham: Good
- Coniston Care Scheme Limited, Coniston Care Scheme Ltd, Cumbria: Good
- Creative Support - Ulverston Autism Service, Creative Support Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Lapstone House, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria: Good
- Roper Street, Croftlands Trust, Cumbria: Good
- Walsingham Support West Cumbria Domiciliary Care - Unit 20 Moss Bay House, Walsingham Support Limited, Cumbria: Good
- The Hollies, First 4 Care Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Burlington Home Care, Burlington Care Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Elizabeth Homecare Limited, Elizabeth Homecare Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Making Space (Warrington) Domiciliary Care Agency, Making Space, Halton: Good
- Smithy Forge, D & L Price, Halton: Good
- Woodcrofts Residential Home, Woodcrofts Residential Homes Limited, Halton: Good
- Haworth Court Residential Home, Bluecroft Estates Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Ferndale Lodge, Horizon Healthcare Homes Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Holly Court, Hollybank Trust, Kirklees: Good
- The Ormerod Home Trust Limited - 2 Headroomgate Road, Ormerod Home Trust Limited (The), Lancashire: Good
- Tylecote, Miss Sylvia Peters, Lancashire: Good
- Alexander Residential Home, Marloco Limited, Leeds: Good
- Scope Inclusion Leeds, Scope, Leeds: Good
- Grimsby Grange, Orchard Care Homes.Com Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Leeds-Harrogate DCA, United Response, North Yorkshire: Good
- Normanby House, Anchor Trust, North Yorkshire: Good
- RNIB Tate House, RNIB Charity, North Yorkshire: Good
- The Coach House Nursing Home, The Coach House Nursing Home, North Yorkshire: Good
- Woodlands Nursing Home, Hexon Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Astor Court, Countrywide Care Homes (2) Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Astor Lodge, Countrywide Care Homes (2) Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Close House Nursing and Residential Care Home, D W Robson and J R Robson, Northumberland: Good
- Summerhill, Raycare Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Comfort Call Rotherham, Comfort Call Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Niche Care Ltd, Niche Care Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Parkhill Lodge, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Rotherham: Good
- Speciality Care (Rest Homes) Limited - 57 Chestnut Street, Speciality Care (Rest Homes) Limited, Sefton: Good
- Moorville Residential, Moorville Developments Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Longlast, Annfield Care Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- S E L F Limited - 14 Park View, S.E.L.F. (North East) Limited, Sunderland: Good
- S E L F Limited - 15 Park View, S.E.L.F. (North East) Limited, Sunderland: Good
- SELF Limited - 16 Park View, S.E.L.F. (North East) Limited, Sunderland: Good
- Ann Mangham, Ms Ann Mangham, Wakefield: Good
- Warde Aldam, Methodist Homes, Wakefield: Good
- Next Stage - A Way Forward, Next Stage "A Way Forward" Ltd, Warrington: Good
- Amarna House, Avery Homes (Nelson) Limited, York: Good
- Amelia House Care Home, Tamaris (England) Limited, York: Good
- Homecare For You Bolton, Home Care For You Limited, Bolton: Requires improvement
- Homecroft Residential Home, Queensland Care Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Adlington Manor, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Deafness Support Network, Cheshire Deaf Society, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Newlands, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Richmond Park, Cumbria Care, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- The Hesley Village, The Hesley Group Limited, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Heather House, Dolphin Property Company Limited, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Chaseside Care Home, M & C Taylforth Properties Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Helping Hand Domiciliary Care Service, Dr Shama Azmi, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Oxen Barn, Priory Education Services Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Yew Tree Manor Nursing and Residential Care Home, Zinnia Healthcare Limited, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Elmridge Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Middlesbrough: Requires improvement
- College View, Mrs K Peerbux, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Housing & Support Solutions DCA, Housing And Support Solutions Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Careline Homecare (Newcastle), Care Line Homecare Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Eagle View Care Home, Eagle View Care Home Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Pines Care Home, Queensland Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Abbeyfield House - Alnwick, Abbeyfield North Northumberland Extra Care Society Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Woodhorn Park, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Germaina House, Mrs A E Palmer, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Inglewood Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Kenilworth Care Home, Sunny Okukpolor Humphreys, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Manor Court, Manor Court, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Cedar Lodge, Dolphin Property Company Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- West Villa Residential Home, West Villa Residential Home Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Age Concern York In Safe Hands Services, Age Concern York, York: Requires improvement
- Epworth House Care Centre, Mr David Hetherington Messenger, Barnsley: Inadequate
- 121 Care, Ms Lorraine Telford, Cumbria: Inadequate
- Four Winds Residential Home, Matt Matharu, Hartlepool: Inadequate
- White Ash Brook, White Ash Brook (Accrington) Limited, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Balliol Lodge Nursing Home, Mr Bharat Kumar Modhvadia and Mrs Jaya Bharat Modhvadia, Sefton: Inadequate
- Housing & Care 21 - Sheffield, Housing & Care 21, Sheffield: Inadequate
- Warren Park, Warren Park (Chapeltown) Limited, Sheffield: Inadequate
- Haisthorpe House, Haisthorpe House Care Limited, York: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629.
David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.