You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 84 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 84 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections two have been rated Outstanding, 52 have been rated as Good, 25 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 84 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Shadon House Dementia Resource Centre, Gateshead Council, Gateshead: Outstanding
- St Johns House, Clifton St. Anne's Personal Care Services Limited, North Yorkshire: Outstanding
- Ribble Homecare, Ribble Homecare, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Ambler Way Support Services, K & K Ambler, Bradford: Good
- Elmhurst Short Stay Service, Persona Care and Support Limited, Bury: Good
- Half Acre Care Home, Four Seasons (Bamford) Limited, Bury: Good
- Regency Care Centre, Four Seasons (No 11) Limited, Bury: Good
- Trinity Fold, Anchor Trust, Calderdale: Good
- Benfield Hall Nursing Home, Jigsaw Care Limited, County Durham: Good
- Perfect Care Limited, Perfect Care Limited, County Durham: Good
- Portland Domiciliary Service, Bondcare Willington Limited, County Durham: Good
- California House, Carlisle Mencap Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Insight Rehabilitation Specialists, Miss Joanne Glenholmes, Cumbria: Good
- Jah Jireh Maryport, Miss Joanna Hindmoor, Cumbria: Good
- Lunesdale House, Mr Christopher David Green, Cumbria: Good
- The Fairways, P & C Residential Services Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Bluebell Residential Home Limited, Bluebell Residential Home Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Cosford House, Cosford House Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Foresters Lodge, Burlington Care Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- New Concept Care Market Weighton, New Concept Care . Nursing . Training Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Alderwood, Mental Health Concern, Gateshead: Good
- Bluebird Care (Gateshead), GSK One Limited, Gateshead: Good
- St Clare House, Futurewise Properties Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Caritas Care Limited - 218 Tulketh Road, Caritas Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Choices Nursing and Care Lancaster Limited, Choices Nursing & Care (Lancaster) Ltd, Lancashire: Good
- Clover House, Specialist Care Team Limited, Lancashire: Good
- DCS Fylde Limited, DCS Fylde Ltd, Lancashire: Good
- High Brake House, Brierley Care Ltd, Lancashire: Good
- The Bungalow, Progress Care and Education Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Woodleigh House, Healey Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Cross Heath Drive, Aspire Community Benefit Society Limited, Leeds: Good
- Mount St Joseph - Leeds, Little Sisters of the Poor, Leeds: Good
- Rievaulx House Care Centre, Meridian Healthcare Limited, Leeds: Good
- Victoria Court, Methodist Homes, Leeds: Good
- Crompton Court, ADL Plc, Liverpool: Good
- Kavanagh Health Care Limited, Kavanagh Health Care Limited, Liverpool: Good
- Marie Curie Hospice Liverpool, Marie Curie, Liverpool: Good
- Beck Farm House, Voyage 1 Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Richden Park Care Home, Loven Richden Park Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Anley Hall Nursing Home, Mr. Malcolm Haigh, North Yorkshire: Good
- The Grange, St Philips Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- J S Parker Limited North East, J S Parker Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Eagle House Nursing Home, Anchor Trust, Sheffield: Good
- Jasmin Court Nursing Home, Sage Care Homes (Jasmin Court) Ltd, Sheffield: Good
- Paddock Hill, SheffCare Limited, Sheffield: Good
- The White House Nursing Home, Care Homes UK Two Limited, South Tyneside: Good
- Parkside (St Helens) Limited, Parkside (St.Helens) Limited, St. Helens: Good
- Cleveland Care at Home Limited t/a Home Instead Senior Care, Cleveland Care at Home Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Education and Services for People with Autism Limited - 8-8a The Cedars, Education and Services for People with Autism Limited, Sunderland: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Bramble Hollow, Housing & Care 21, Sunderland: Good
- MyCare Services, PAL Home Care Services Limited, Sunderland: Good
- The Mews Care Home, Herrington Mews Ltd, Sunderland: Good
- Inwood House, Mr R J & Mrs W P Barraclough, Wakefield: Good
- Greenacres Residential Care Home, Croftwood Care Ltd, Wigan: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Kingsway, Housing & Care 21, Blackburn with Darwen: Requires improvement
- Morningside Care Ltd, Morningside Care Ltd, Bury: Requires improvement
- Church Lane, iMap Centre Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Orchard Manor Care Home, Fordent Properties Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Pinetum, Community Health Services Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Community Care North East, Community Care North East, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Middleton Lodge, Potensial Limited, Darlington: Requires improvement
- Lavender House, Quality Care UK Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Grasmere Lodge, Aspire Healthcare Limited, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Lanchester Court, Careline Lifestyles (UK) Ltd, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- 360 Degrees Health Care and Rehabilitation Services Ltd, 360 Degrees Health Care and Rehabilitation Services Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Greenfield Residential and Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- United Response - 85 St Anne's Road East, United Response, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Colton Lodges Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Park Avenue Care Home, Bupa Care Homes (GL) Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Breckside Park Residential Home, Mr & Mrs K Khistria, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Rowan Garth Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Stephenson Court, Roseberry Care Centres GB Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Meadow Park, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Astune Rise Nursing Home, Popular Care Ltd, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Sunningdale Nursing Home Limited, Sunningdale Nursing Home Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Wainwright Crescent, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Bluebird Care (Stockport), Salubre Limited, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Real Life Options - Darlington Road, Real Life Options, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Woodlands Residential Home, Woodlands of Woolley Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Grimsargh House Care Home, Button Space Limited, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Scotland Road Branch, Local Solutions, Liverpool: Inadequate
- Long Meadow Care Home, Long Meadow (Ripon) Limited, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- The Pines Care Home, Queensland Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- The Croft Care Home, Croft Carehomes Limited, Wakefield: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer on 07881656012.
David Fryer, Regional Engagement Manager on 07901 514220.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.