You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 80 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 80 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections one has been rated Outstanding, 44 have been rated as Good, 25 have been rated Requires Improvement and ten have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 80 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Belsfield House, Ryecourt Limited, Blackpool: Outstanding
- Pennine View, Emerald Care Services Limited, Barnsley: Good
- Thornhill House, Strong Life Care Limited, Barnsley: Good
- Branch Court Care Home, Branch Court Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Margaret Riley House, Blackpool Society For Mentally Handicapped Children And Adults, Blackpool: Good
- Medacs Healthcare PLC - Leeds, Medacs Healthcare PLC, Bradford: Good
- Evolve Supporting Prospects, Easycare Limited, Bury: Good
- Belong Macclesfield Care Village, CLS Care Services Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- Allied Healthcare Chester-le-Street, Nestor Primecare Services Limited, County Durham: Good
- Boarbank Hall Nursing Home, Boarbank Hall Convalescent Home, Cumbria: Good
- Stobars Hall, The Franklyn Group Limited, Cumbria: Good
- The Croft Nursing Home (Barrow), Croft Care Trust, Cumbria: Good
- Albany House - Doncaster, Albany Care Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Howbeck Close, South Yorkshire Housing Association Limited, Doncaster: Good
- The Hesley Village, The Hesley Group Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Parklands - Care Home, H I C A, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- White Rose Lodge, Countrywide Care Homes (2) Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Just Care (North West) Limited, Just Care (North West) Ltd, Halton: Good
- Victory Social Care Enterprise, Victory Socialcare Enterprise, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Dixons Farm, Progress Adult Services Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Domiciliary Service, Lancashire County Council, Lancashire: Good
- 27 Ledston Avenue, Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust, Leeds: Good
- Beechside Residential Care Home, Brightholme Care Services Limited, Liverpool: Good
- Nunthorpe Hall, GMA Healthcare Ltd, Middlesbrough: Good
- Connie Lewcock Resource Centre, Newcastle-upon-Tyne City Council, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- St Catherine's Care Home, St Cuthberts Care, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Homefield House, Bluecroft Estates Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Bluebird Care (Harrogate), Blue Yorkshire Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- CRG Homecare-North Yorkshire, Castlerock Recruitment Group Ltd, North Yorkshire: Good
- Firth House, Anchor Trust, North Yorkshire: Good
- Ravensworth Lodge, Yorkshire Friends Housing Society Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Rosefern Residential Home, Autism Plus Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Home Enabling Service - Rotherham MBC, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Rotherham: Good
- Melrose Court Rest Home Limited - 74 Cambridge Road, Melrose Court Rest Home Limited, Sefton: Good
- Outreach Sefton Limited, Outreach (Sefton) Limited, Sefton: Good
- Parkhaven@Home, Parkhaven Trust, Sefton: Good
- Willow Gardens, Embrace Wellcare (I) Limited, Sefton: Good
- Woodlands Manor, Woodlands Manor Limited, Sefton: Good
- Northfield Nursing Home, Palms Row Health Care Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Residential Support Services, The Burton Street Foundation Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Sunderland City Council - 3 Fenwick Close, Sunderland City Council, Sunderland: Good
- AJs Homecare Limited, AJ's Homecare Limited, Wigan: Good
- Westwood Hall Nursing Home, Activecare Limited, Wirral: Good
- Fulford Nursing Home, Mr Raymond Hancock, York: Good
- Lifestyles, Dove Care Limited, York: Good
- East Lancashire Deaf Society, East Lancashire Deaf Society Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Requires improvement
- St Winifred's Nursing Home, Vishomil Limited, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Complete Aid Services Ltd, Complete Aid Services Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Sunrise Operations Mobberley Limited, Sunrise Operations Mobberley Limited, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Woodland Care Home, Woodland Care Ltd, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Continuing Care Services t/a The Promenade, Continuing Care Services Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Caring Hands Cheshire Ltd, Caring Hands Cheshire Ltd, Halton: Requires improvement
- Riverbank, Partnerships in Care 1 Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Batley Hall Nursing and Residential Home, Maria Mallaband Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Arrowsmith Lodge Rest Home, Arrowsmith Rest Homes Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Central Lancashire Supported Living, United Response, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Lancashire Regional Office, Community Integrated Care, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Oakendale Residential Care Home, Mr Raja Singh & Mrs Maninder Kaur Singh, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Springfield Nursing Home, G Qadir, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Positive People Recruitment Limited, Positive People Recruitment Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Vive UK Social Care Limited, Vive UK Social Care Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Elswick Hall Care Home, Tamaris Healthcare (England) Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Requires improvement
- WrightChoiceCare, Mrs Elizabeth Jane Horne, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Kenyon Lodge, Trees Park (Kenyon) Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Argyle Park Nursing Home, Mark Jonathan Gilbert and Luke William Gilbert, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Chamwood, Icon Care Ltd, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Westhome Care Services Limited, Westhome Care Services Limited, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- Downshaw Lodge, MBi Social Care Limited, Tameside: Requires improvement
- Roop Cottage Nursing and Residential Home, Roop Cottage Nursing and Residential Home, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Wickham Hall, Wigan Council, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Holly Bank Care Home, James and Reuben Limited, Calderdale: Inadequate
- Cavendish House, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria: Inadequate
- Harker Grange Nursing Home, Mrs Gail Helen Curzon & Dr Robert Neil Curzon, Cumbria: Inadequate
- Direct Health (Preston), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Holywell Home, Connor Associates Limited, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Aaron Lodge Care Home, Aaroncare Limited, Liverpool: Inadequate
- U5 Limited, U5 Limited, Liverpool: Inadequate
- Ferns Nursing Home Limited, Ferns Nursing Home Limited, Sefton: Inadequate
- Carrwood House, Carrwood House, Sheffield: Inadequate
- Primrose Villa Care Home, Diamond Healthcare Ltd, Wigan: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07464 92 9966.
David Fryer, Regional Engagement Manager on 07901 514220.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.