You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 75 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 76 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections one has been rated Outstanding, 41 have been rated as Good, 28 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 76 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Mayfield Court, Mayfield Fellowship, Liverpool: Outstanding
- Barnsley Hospice, Barnsley Hospice Appeal, Barnsley: Good
- Burntwood Hall Care Centre, St Philips Care Limited, Barnsley: Good
- Lever Edge Care Home, Hill Care 1 Limited, Bolton: Good
- Audley Care Ilkley, Audley Care Ltd, Bradford: Good
- Carlton And Pelham House, Carlton Nursing Homes Ltd, Bradford: Good
- Shared Lives Adult Placement Scheme, City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council, Bradford: Good
- Walshaw Hall, Capstone Care Limited, Bury: Good
- Caremark (Cheshire West and Chester), REXD Corporation Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Cumbria View Care Services Limited, Cumbria View Care Services Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Glenmore Trust - Northumberland Street, Glenmore Trust, Cumbria: Good
- Midtown House, Mrs Julie Tickle, Cumbria: Good
- Moorlands Grange, Kirklees Metropolitan Council, Kirklees: Good
- Owen Care and Support Limited, Owen Care and Support Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Sandy Mount, Community Integrated Care, Kirklees: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Dewsbury 2, St Anne's Community Services, Kirklees: Good
- St Anne's Dewsbury Supported Living, St Anne's Community Services, Kirklees: Good
- Beacon View Home for Older People, Lancashire County Council, Lancashire: Good
- Gillibrand Hall Nursing Care Home, Century Healthcare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Lawwood, Lawwood Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Right at Home (Preston & South Ribble), JMP Quality Homecare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Local Care Force, Local Care Force LLP, Leeds: Good
- Outreach Teeside, Autism Initiatives (UK), Middlesbrough: Good
- Havenmere Health Care Limited, Havenmere Health Care Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Ingleborough Nursing Home, Ingleborough Nursing Home LLP, North Yorkshire: Good
- North Yorkshire County Council - 80 High Street, North Yorkshire County Council, North Yorkshire: Good
- Bailiffgate, St Cuthberts Care, Northumberland: Good
- Crows Nest, Ms Jo Ball, Northumberland: Good
- Easter Field Court Residential Care Home, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust, Northumberland: Good
- Guisborough Manor Care Home, St. Martin's Care Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Oakland (Rochdale), HC-One Limited, Rochdale: Good
- Ten Acre Respite Service, Voyage 1 Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Holly Court Care Home, Four Seasons (Bamford) Limited, Salford: Good
- Integrated Care and Support Services LTD, Integrated Care and Support Services Ltd, St. Helens: Good
- Stocks Hall Care Home - St Helens, Stocks Hall Care Homes Limited, St. Helens: Good
- The Poplars Care Home, The Poplars (Thornaby) Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Cedar House Care Home, Parkside Care Limited, Sunderland: Good
- City Care, City Care, Sunderland: Good
- Sunderland Community Support Service, Sunderland City Council, Sunderland: Good
- Clifton House, Deepdene Care Limited, Trafford: Good
- Caring for You, Mr Peter Paul Hunter, Wakefield: Good
- The Wilberforce Trust, The Wilberforce Trust, York: Good
- Greystones Nursing Home, Greystones Nursing Home Ltd, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Redburn House, Our TLC Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- The Heathers, Yorkshire Regency Healthcare Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Morningside Rest Home, Medingate Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Bridge Centre, Roses Socialcare Ltd, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Integrity Home Care Limited, Integrity Home Care Ltd, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Wallace House, Akari Care Limited, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Ashworth Grange, Ideal Carehomes (Number One) Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- White Dove Care Ltd, White Dove Care Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Abbeyfield Care Home Clitheroe, Abbeyfield Lancashire Extra Care Society Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Catterall House Residential Care Home, V Gulati, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- The Croft, Mrs Flora Rufus Mason, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Sevacare - Leeds, Sevacare (UK) Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Shassab Residential Care Home, M Iqbal, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Grafton House Residential Home, Saima Raja, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Grosvenor Hall, Avon Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Anbridge Care Home, Mr Charles Jones and Mrs Sally Jones, Oldham: Requires improvement
- Abbeydale Nursing Home, Innovation Health Care Ltd, Salford: Requires improvement
- Dovehaven, Mrs Wendy J Gilbert & Mr Mark J Gilbert, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Lancaster Court Residential Care Home, Mr John and Mrs Joan Kershaw, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Margaret Roper House, Nugent Care, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Orchard Lodge Care Home, Mrs Milijana Kiss, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Sandley Court Care Home, Accommodating Care (Southport) Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- St Joseph's Hospice, St Joseph's Hospice Association, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Creative Support - Stockport Extra Care Services, Creative Support Limited, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Freshfield Care Limited, Freshfield Care Limited, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Elm Lodge Residential Care Home, Alhambra Care Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- T L Care (NW) Limited, T.L. Care (NW) Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Shannon Court Care Centre, Mr Seamus Patrick Flood, Bolton: Inadequate
- Silver Howe, Hometrust Care Limited, Cumbria: Inadequate
- Malvern House, Mrs Flora Rufus Mason, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Melling Acres, Parkcare Homes (No.2) Limited, Sefton: Inadequate
- West Ridings Residential and Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Wakefield: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07464 92 9966.
David Fryer, CQC Regional Engagement Manager by email email@example.com or by phone on 01900 336 787.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April 2015, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.