You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 73 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 73 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections one service was rated Outstanding, 50 have been rated as Good, 16 have been rated Requires Improvement, six have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 73 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- The Willows, The Wirral Autistic Society, Wirral: Outstanding
- Queens Lodge Nursing Home, Fern Holdings Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Oak Mount Care Home, Horton Housing Association, Bradford: Good
- The Heathlands Village, Federation of Jewish Services, Bury: Good
- Angelwings Homecare (Office), Mrs Lesley Tina Hudson, Calderdale: Good
- Sandholme Fold, Anchor Trust, Calderdale: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Phoenix Court, St Anne's Community Services, Calderdale: Good
- Solutions in Service Ltd, Solutions in Service Ltd, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- St John of God Care Services Lindisfarne, Saint John of God Hospitaller Services, Darlington: Good
- The Goddards, Mr T A & Mrs J Womersley, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- The Crescent Care Home Limited, The Crescent Care Home Ltd, Hartlepool: Good
- Lyndhurst, Care In Mind Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Oxley Woodhouse, Isand Limited, Kirklees: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Smithies Moor Lane, St Anne's Community Services, Kirklees: Good
- Ashmeade Residential Home, Mrs Kathleen Mary Rhodes, Lancashire: Good
- Complete Care Services Rossendale, Mr Alastair Buchanan MacDonald, Lancashire: Good
- Delight Supported Living, Delight Supported Living Ltd, Lancashire: Good
- Kepplegate House, Kepplegate Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Lancaster and Morecambe Short Breaks Service, Lancashire County Council, Lancashire: Good
- Life-Line Care 4 U Limited, Life-Line Care 4 U Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Stocks Hall Nursing Home - Skelmersdale, Stocks Hall Care Homes Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Prestige Nursing - Leeds, Prestige Nursing Limited, Leeds: Good
- Scott Hall Grove, Aspire Community Benefit Society Limited, Leeds: Good
- United Response - 14 Lingwell Approach, United Response, Leeds: Good
- James Nugent Court, Nugent Care, Liverpool: Good
- Ferguson Lodge, Ewart and Dilworth Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- McGowan Court, Mental Health Concern, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Emerald Care Services (North Lincs) Ltd, Emerald Care Services (North Lincs) Ltd, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Hales Group Limited - Grimsby, Hales Group Limited, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Craven House Oakdene, Catholic Care (Diocese of Leeds), North Yorkshire: Good
- Granby at Home, Granby At Home Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Henshaws College Harrogate, Henshaws Society for Blind People, North Yorkshire: Good
- Lister House, The Royal British Legion, North Yorkshire: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Newhaven, St Anne's Community Services, North Yorkshire: Good
- Darmel Respite, Mrs June Pick, Northumberland: Good
- De Baliol, Shaftesbury Care GRP Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Lowgate Care Home, Roseberry Care Centres GB Limited, Northumberland: Good
- Roselands Residential Home Limited, Roselands Residential Home Limited, Oldham: Good
- Greave Project, Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council, Rochdale: Good
- Roxburgh House (Liverpool), HC-One Limited, Sefton: Good
- Warren Park Nursing Home, J Lysaght, Sefton: Good
- Adswad Ltd, Adswad Ltd, Sheffield: Good
- Alpine Lodge, Alpine Health Care Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Alexandra Care Home, Tameng Care Limited, St. Helens: Good
- Lyme House, TRU (Transitional Rehabilitation Unit) Ltd, St. Helens: Good
- Ruskin Lodge, Pilkington Retirement Services Limited, St. Helens: Good
- Thomas House (St Helens) Limited, Thomas House (St. Helens) Ltd, St. Helens: Good
- Ascot House, Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council, Trafford: Good
- Broomfields Sheltered Housing, Catalyst Choices Community Interest Company, Warrington: Good
- Oxton Manor, Oxton Manor Ltd, Wirral: Good
- Independent Home Living (York), A New Angle Ltd, York: Good
- Your Care (UK), Your Care (UK) Ltd, Bolton: Requires improvement
- United Response Community Support, United Response, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Fernside Hall Care Home, Eldercare (Halifax) Limited, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Elmhurst, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Hollyhurst, Oakview Estates Limited, Darlington: Requires improvement
- Positive Step, Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Aaron Crest Care Home, Aaroncare Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Le Moors, Regal Care Trading Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Stone Gables Care Home, Stone Gables Care Ltd, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Amberleigh House Care Home, Community Integrated Care, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Bradley Apartments, Healthlinc Individual Care Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- The Gables Care Home, Mrs D J Brown, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Springfield Park Nursing Home, Leyton Healthcare (No. 12) Limited, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Griffin Lodge, Community Integrated Care, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Heaton Lodge, Heaton Lodge Limited, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Wirral Christian Centre Trust Limited, Wirral Christian Centre Trust Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Greystones Nursing Home, Greystones Nursing Home Ltd, Bradford: Inadequate
- Victoria Lodge Residential Care Home, Mrs Saima Raja, Doncaster: Inadequate
- Ashworth Grange, Ideal Carehomes (Kirklees) Limited, Kirklees: Inadequate
- Lancaster, Heritage Homecare Services Ltd, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Thornton Hall and Lodge, Orchard Care Homes.Com Limited, Sefton: Inadequate
- Clifton House, Deepdene Care Limited, Trafford: Inadequate
David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.
On 17 February 2016 we launched our care home ratings map, which gives a picture of how we've rated care homes across England: http://www.cqc.org.uk/content/map-care-home-ratings-england.