You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 73 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 73 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 55 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 17 have been rated Requires Improvement and one has been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 73 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Beda Homecare Ltd trading as Home Instead Senior Care, Beda Homecare Ltd, Bedford: Good
- Hepworth House, Mr & Mrs K Hepworth-Lloyd, Bedford: Good
- Salvete Care Home, Dr Lata Bhatt and Tushar Bhatt, Bedford: Good
- Waterloo House Care Home Limited, Waterloo House Care Home Ltd, Bedford: Good
- Bells Court, Extel Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Care Packages UK Limited, Care Packages UK Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Firstpoint Homecare - Birmingham, Firstpoint Homecare Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Jasmine House Residential Care Home, Mrs Maudlyn Smiley, Birmingham: Good
- Manningford, Extel Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Morris House, Extel Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Chamarel, Chamarel, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Community Support Service, Cambridgeshire County Council, Cambridgeshire: Good
- The Brambles, Anthony Eric Barnes, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Cottage Farm Lodge, Coventry City Council, Coventry: Good
- Turning Point - Derby, Turning Point, Derby: Good
- Grangewood Lodge Residential Care Home, J Fisher, Derbyshire: Good
- Castlewellan House, Castlewellan House, Dudley: Good
- Carers Choices, Carers Choices, Essex: Good
- Dorset Lodge Limited, Dorset Lodge Limited, Essex: Good
- Hereford North Domiciliary Care, Midland Heart Limited, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Destiny Support Care, Destiny Support Care Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- Jasmine House, Complete Care Services Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- Villcare Limited - Eastbury Road, Villcare Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- Villcare Limited - Stanley Road, Villcare Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- Hinckley Park Nursing Home, HC-One Limited, Leicestershire: Good
- The Kathleen Rutland Home, Vista, Leicestershire: Good
- TML Care Solutions Ltd, TML Care Solutions Limited, Leicestershire: Good
- St Paul's Care Home, Majestic 3 Limited, Lincolnshire: Good
- Swallow Lodge, Making Space, Lincolnshire: Good
- Sarmey Healthcare, Sarmey Healthcare Limited, Milton Keynes: Good
- Norwich Office, The Care Partnership (UK) Limited, Norfolk: Good
- Westbrook House, Jeesal Residential Care Services Limited, Norfolk: Good
- Archangel Home Care Nottingham Branch, Archangel Enterprises Limited, Nottingham: Good
- SENSE - 38 Redgate Court, Sense, Peterborough: Good
- Alphonsus House, Parkcare Homes (No.2) Limited, Sandwell: Good
- Honor Care Limited, Honor Care Limited, Sandwell: Good
- 38 Torrin Drive, Condover College Limited, Shropshire: Good
- Glenview, MacIntyre Care, Shropshire: Good
- Hilton Brook House, Hilton Brook House Limited, Shropshire: Good
- New Fairholme, Coverage Care Services Limited, Shropshire: Good
- 1 Holendene Way, Selborne Care Limited, Staffordshire: Good
- Kings Bromley, Grwp Gofal Cymru Care Homes South Limited, Staffordshire: Good
- The Willows Care Home, The Willows (Codsall) Limited, Staffordshire: Good
- Wetley Manor Care Home, Wetley Manor Residential Care Home Limited, Staffordshire: Good
- ExtraCare Charitable Trust Camoys Court, The ExtraCare Charitable Trust, Stoke-on-Trent: Good
- Marlborough Road, Turning Point, Stoke-on-Trent: Good
- Brandon Park Residential and Nursing Home, Stowlangtoft Healthcare LLP, Suffolk: Good
- Hollywood Rest Home, Hollywood Rest Home, Thurrock: Good
- Beaman House, PAKS Trust, Warwickshire: Good
- Woodside, WCS Care Group Limited, Warwickshire: Good
- Woodlands Quaker Care Home, The Society of Friends, Wolverhampton: Good
- Ash Grove, Heart of England Mencap, Worcestershire: Good
- Gloucester House - Learning Disability & Autism, Noble Care Limited, Worcestershire: Good
- Mayfair Care Agency Limited, Mayfair Care Agency Limited, Worcestershire: Good
- Swallow Community Care, Swallow Community Care, Worcestershire: Good
- Ashleigh Court Rest Home, Mr Sunil Odedra and Mrs Shanti Odedra, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Clarence Care Ltd, Clarence Care Limited, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Fairgate House, Mr Adekunle Abayomi Kalejaiye, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Derby House Nursing Home, Derby House Nursing Home Limited, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Harvest House Nursing Home, Carecall Limited, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Newton House, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- OSJCT Patchett Lodge, The Orders Of St. John Care Trust, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Royal Mencap Society - Woodlands Residential Home, Royal Mencap Society, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- The Angela Grace Care Centre, A.G.E. Nursing Homes Limited, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Triangular Care Services Limited, Triangular Care Services Ltd, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Comfort Call (Worksop), London Care Limited, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- The Old Vicarage, Creative Care (East Midlands) Limited, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Fauld House Nursing Home, Sudera Care Associates Limited, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Alice Grange, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Fornham House Residential Home, Healthcare Homes Group Limited, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Imber House, Mrs P L Webb, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Bentley House Care Centre, Bentley House Limited, Warwickshire: Requires improvement
- Willows Lodge Care Home, Willows Lodge Limited, Thurrock: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Helen Gildersleeve, Regional Engagement Officer on 0191 2333379.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.
On 17 February 2016 we launched our care home ratings map, which gives a picture of how we've rated care homes across England: http://www.cqc.org.uk/content/map-care-home-ratings-england.