You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 73 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 73 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 53 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 18 have been rated Requires Improvement, one was rated Inadequate and one was rated Outstanding.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 73 inspections are available on this website.
- Attleborough Grange, WCS Care Group Limited, Warwickshire: Outstanding
- Cranwell Court, Brookdale Healthcare Limited, Bedford: Good
- Care 4U Services (Midlands) Limited - Suite 1, Care 4U Services (Midlands) Ltd, Birmingham: Good
- Chesterberry, Birmingham Institute for the Deaf, Birmingham: Good
- Fern House, Young People Services Birmingham Ltd, Birmingham: Good
- Allied Healthcare Cambridge, Nestor Primecare Services Limited, Cambridgeshire: Good
- HF Trust - 117 a & b Hitchin Road, HF Trust Limited, Central Bedfordshire: Good
- Care Relief Team Limited - Unit 8 The Bridge Business Centre, Care Relief Team Limited, Derbyshire: Good
- Fairplay - Home Based Support Service, Fairplay, Derbyshire: Good
- Pavilion Care Centre, St Philips Care Limited, Derbyshire: Good
- Danbury, Creative Support and Consultancy Limited, Essex: Good
- Mears Care - New Futures, Mears Care Limited, Essex: Good
- Ogilvie Court, Speciality Care (Rehab) Limited, Essex: Good
- Seaview, Oaks Health Limited, Essex: Good
- Villeneuve House, Zero Three Care Homes LLP, Essex: Good
- Weighbridge Court, Yourlife Management Services Limited, Essex: Good
- Brockhampton Court Care Home with Nursing, Dr Christopher John Allen, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Hazelhurst Nursing Home, Hazelhurst Nursing Home Limited, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Pound Farm, Salters Hill Charity Limited, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Rapid Response, Herefordshire Council, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Cooperscroft Care Home, Cooperscroft Care Home Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- St Matthews Care Home, Colleycare Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- St Peter's Home, Amity Residential Care Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- Direct Health (Leicester), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Leicester: Good
- PTU Unit 1, Luton Borough Council, Luton: Good
- The Stratford's Residential Home, Cinnabar Support and Living Ltd, Milton Keynes: Good
- Walnuts Care, Walnuts Care Ltd, Milton Keynes: Good
- Addocare Scole, Mrs Elaine Sonia Longhurst, Norfolk: Good
- Adrian Lodge, The Regard Partnership Limited, Norfolk: Good
- Hales Lodge, Royal Mencap Society, Norfolk: Good
- Oak Manor Nursing Home, Caring Homes Healthcare Group Limited, Norfolk: Good
- Bush & Company Rehabilitation Limited, Bush & Company Rehabilitation Limited, Northamptonshire: Good
- Cunningham House, Oakleaf Care (Hartwell) Limited, Northamptonshire: Good
- Specialist Support Services for Younger Adults with Disabilities North, Olympus Care Services Limited, Northamptonshire: Good
- The Oakleaf Care Group (Hartwell) Limited, Oakleaf Care (Hartwell) Limited, Northamptonshire: Good
- Autism Support and Care, Sun Healthcare Limited, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Clumber Court Care Centre, Countrywide Care Homes Limited, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Nottingham Neurodisability Service Hucknall - Millwood, Huntercombe Homes (Ilkeston) Limited, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Tudor Grange, Four Seasons (Evedale) Limited, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Hall Green Care Home, The Sandwell Community Caring Trust, Sandwell: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Queensridge Court, Housing & Care 21, Sandwell: Good
- Warrens Hall Nursing Centre, Bupa Care Homes (ANS) Limited, Sandwell: Good
- Silver Birches, Accord Housing Association Limited, Solihull: Good
- The Willows, Upward Care Limited, Solihull: Good
- Maranatha Residential Home, AMA Generic Limited, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Age UK South Staffordshire (Penkridge Resource Centre), Age UK South Staffordshire, Staffordshire: Good
- Springfield House Residential Home, Springfield House (Oaken) (2001) Limited, Staffordshire: Good
- CommunityCareSupport, Community Care Support Ltd, Stoke-on-Trent: Good
- Fonjock's Social Work Practice Limited, Fonjock's Social Work Practice Limited, Suffolk: Good
- The Beeches Residential Home, S & A Care Limited, Suffolk: Good
- White Gables Residential Care Home, Mr & Mrs C A Lewis, Suffolk: Good
- Stratford Bentley Care Centre, Stratford Bentley Ltd, Warwickshire: Good
- Brinton Care Home, Pathways Care Group Limited, Worcestershire: Good
- The Gables Rest Home, The Gables Rest Home, Worcestershire: Good
- APT Care Limited, APT Care Limited, Bedford: Requires improvement
- Nevin House, Mrs Wendy Moxam, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Social Care Solutions - Cambridgeshire, Social Care Solutions Limited, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- ENA Carecall Limited, Ena Care Call Limited, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Heronsmere Home Care, Miss Harriet Rose Davis, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- iCall Care Office, iCall Care Limited, Leicester: Requires improvement
- Framland, Firstsmile Limited, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Oakleigh Residential Home Limited, Oakleigh Residential Home Limited, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Shipbourne House Limited, Miss C McCrory, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Swanton Community Support, Swanton Care & Community Limited, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- St George's Home, St. George's Care Ltd, Solihull: Requires improvement
- Chaseview Nursing Home, HC-One Limited, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Rock Cottage Care Services, Mr Anthony Julian Richard Greene, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Roughcote Hall Farm, Mrs Yvonne Pointon, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- The Boat House, Pharos Care Limited, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- The Priory Nursing and Residential Home, Purity Nursing Limited, Telford and Wrekin: Requires improvement
- Allambie Court, ADL Plc, Warwickshire: Requires improvement
- Breach House, Golden Age Care Ltd, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
- Brackley Lodge Nursing Home, Chivrose Healthcare Limited, Northamptonshire: Inadequate
For further information, please contact David Fryer, CQC Regional Engagement Manager on 07901 514220.
Kerri James, CQC Regional Engagement Communications Officer on 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.