You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 72 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 72 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections 39 have been rated as Good, 27 have been rated Requires Improvement, five have been rated Inadequate and one was not formally rated.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 72 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- The Highcroft Care Home, Highcroft Care Blackpool Limited, Blackpool: Good
- Wilfred Geere House, Bolton Council, Bolton: Good
- Ghyllside, Parkcare Homes (No.2) Limited, Bradford: Good
- Park View, S L Crabtree, Bradford: Good
- Sheldon Ridge, Turning Point, Bradford: Good
- Bradwell Court Residential Care Home, Sanctuary Care Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- Petunia Grove - Macclesfield, The David Lewis Centre, Cheshire East: Good
- Westbury Drive - Macclesfield, The David Lewis Centre, Cheshire East: Good
- Fern Lodge Care Home, Partnerships in Care Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Abbeyvale Care Centre, Executive Health Care Limited, County Durham: Good
- Deaconstar Limited, Deaconstar Ltd, County Durham: Good
- Willowdene Care Home, Maria Mallaband Care Homes Limited, County Durham: Good
- Lanercost House, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Darlington Extra Care Services, Making Space, Darlington: Good
- Tamarix Lodge - Care Home, H I C A, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Allied Healthcare Lancaster, Nestor Primecare Services Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Domiciliary Care Services Limited, Domiciliary Care Services Ltd, Lancashire: Good
- Healey Care Limited, Healey Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Hollies Nursing and Residential Home Limited, The Hollies Nursing And Residential Home Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Lumb Valley Care Home, Mr Waqar Hussain, Lancashire: Good
- Townfield Home Care, Townfield and Coach House Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Bywater Lodge, Tri-Care Limited, Leeds: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Cardigan Road, St Anne's Community Services, Leeds: Good
- Outreach Community & Residential Services - 162 Bury Old Road, Outreach Community and Residential Services, Manchester: Good
- St Joseph's - Newcastle, Little Sisters of the Poor, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- North Lincolnshire Council Intermediate Care Centre, North Lincolnshire Council, North Lincolnshire: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Fieldhead, St Anne's Community Services, North Yorkshire: Good
- Birch Hill Care Centre, Ben-Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund, Northumberland: Good
- Shared Lives Northumberland, Northumberland County Council, Northumberland: Good
- Hawthorns Residential Home, The Hawthorns Lodge Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- CRG Homecare-Rotherham, Castlerock Recruitment Group Ltd, Rotherham: Good
- Kirkdale, Cleveland Alzheimer's Residential Centre Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Real Life Options - 2 Frederick Street, Real Life Options, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Park Lodge, Swanton Care & Community (Autism North) Limited, Sunderland: Good
- Serlby Close, Care and Support Sunderland Limited, Sunderland: Good
- Three Bridges Nursing and Residential Home, St Andrews Care GRP Limited, Warrington: Good
- Warrington Borough Council Intermediate Care At Home, Warrington Borough Council, Warrington: Good
- Warrington Community Living - 53 Twiss Green Lane Residential Care Home, Warrington Community Living, Warrington: Good
- Red Oaks, Mrs Stacey Marie Lee and Michael Lee, York: Good
- Laurel Mount, CCA & Mrs C Bolland, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Fernica (Residential Care Home), Miss Marguerite Clark and Mrs Miriam Laventiz, Bury: Requires improvement
- Rastrick Grange, Orchard Care Homes.Com (2) Limited, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Support & Independence Team - Central & Upper Valley 1, Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Support & Independence Team - Central & Upper Valley 2, Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Midtown Farm, West House, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Stonecross Care Centre, Stonecross Care Home (Kendal) Ltd, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Dunniwood Lodge, Dunniwood Lodge (Doncaster) Limited, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Red House - Care Home, H I C A, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Willows, Hexon Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Westerlands Nursing Home, Prime Life Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Summerson House, Community Integrated Care, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Aaron Crest Care Home, Aaroncare Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Burwood House, Burwood Care Home Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Delaheys Nursing Home, Mr & Mrs A Wilson, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Hazeldene Care Home, Sage Care Homes (Hazeldene) Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Scaleford Care Home, Scaleford Care Home Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Creative Support Leeds Service, Creative Support Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Symons House, E.J Specialists Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Rosemount Care Home, Cotswold Spa Retirement Hotels Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Prospect Mount Road, North Yorkshire County Council, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Southwoods Nursing Home, Vorg Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Mulberry Manor Care Home, Minster Care Management Limited, Rotherham: Requires improvement
- Bange Nursing Homes Limited t/a Bradley House Nursing Home, Bange Nursing Homes Limited, Trafford: Requires improvement
- Bedford Nursing and Residential Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Care Choice North West Limited, Care Choice North West Limited, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Ebor Court, Ideal Carehomes (Number One) Limited, York: Requires improvement
- Hope Residential Care, Tracey Hope, Blackpool: Inadequate
- Dalton Court Care Home, Amore Elderly Care Limited, Cumbria: Inadequate
- The Pines Care Home, Queensland Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- WrightChoiceCare, Mrs Elizabeth Jane Horne, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- Heathbank Support Services, Heathbank Support Services, Oldham: Inadequate
- Mapleford (Nursing Home) Limited, Mapleford (Nursing Home) Limited, Lancashire: Not formally rated
For more information contact David Fryer, Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220 or Mark Humphreys, Regional Communications Officer on 07881 656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.