You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 71 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 71 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 45 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 22 have been rated Requires Improvement, four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC's programme of inspections, all of England's adult social care services regulated by CQC, are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Nicky Nendick, CQC's Head of Inspection for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service."
Full reports on all 71 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Elm Tree House, Treehome Limited, Bath and North East Somerset: Good
- Blind Veterans UK, Blind Veterans UK, Brighton and Hove: Good
- Longview Care Home Limited, Longview Care Home Limited, Cornwall: Good
- Pinewood Home Care, Elmwood Nursing Home Ltd, Devon: Good
- The Check House, The Check House Limited, Devon: Good
- Treelands Home Limited, Treelands Home Limited, Devon: Good
- Culliford House, Mrs Rita Moors, Dorset: Good
- Glenmuir House Residential Care Home, Angel Healthcare Limited, East Sussex: Good
- Jemini Response Limited - 41 Jerome Close, Jemini Response Limited, East Sussex: Good
- Elmbridge Residential Home Limited, Elmbridge Residential Home Limited, Gloucestershire: Good
- Brendoncare Knightwood Mews, Brendoncare Foundation(The), Hampshire: Good
- Choice Support - Havant, Choice Support, Hampshire: Good
- Cordwainers, Voyage 1 Limited, Hampshire: Good
- Devon Lodge, Cambian Autism Services Limited, Hampshire: Good
- Glenside Farnborough, Glenside Manor Healthcare Services Limited, Hampshire: Good
- Grove Place Retirement Village, Grove Place Village Limited, Hampshire: Good
- Moore Care and Support, Moore Care & Support Limited, Hampshire: Good
- Parkwood Lodge, Truecare Group Limited, Hampshire: Good
- Willow Tree Lodge, Liaise Loddon Limited, Hampshire: Good
- Seagulls, Isle of Wight Council, Isle of Wight: Good
- Blenheim House, Voyage 1 Limited, Kent: Good
- Chitty Barn, Learning Disabilities Care (Dover) Limited, Kent: Good
- Farm House, Canterbury Oast Trust, Kent: Good
- Fredrick's House, Without Exceptions Ltd, Kent: Good
- Maurice House, The Royal British Legion, Kent: Good
- Phoenix Domiciliary Care Agency, Phoenix Care Homes Limited, Kent: Good
- Shakespeare House, Voyage 1 Limited, Kent: Good
- The Vale Residential Care Home, Charing Vale Limited, Kent: Good
- Winchester House, Aitch Care Homes (London) Limited, Kent: Good
- The Manor House, Shreyas S.A.I.N Ltd, North Somerset: Good
- Clearview, Clearview, Plymouth: Good
- Springfields Care Home, Four Seasons (DFK) Limited, Plymouth: Good
- Nynehead Court, Nynehead Care Limited, Somerset: Good
- The Dene Lodge - Minehead, Hazelgate Ltd, Somerset: Good
- Cedar Lodge, Ashcroft Care Services Limited, Surrey: Good
- Palmer Crescent, Welmede Housing Association Limited, Surrey: Good
- Red Houses, Welmede Housing Association Limited, Surrey: Good
- The Pines, Whitmore Vale Housing Association Limited, Surrey: Good
- Wood Close, Ashcroft Care Services Limited, Surrey: Good
- Mount Olivet Nursing Home, GrayAreas Limited, Torbay: Good
- Care Matters (Wiltshire) Ltd, Care Matters (Wiltshire) Limited, Wiltshire: Good
- Ordinary Life Project Association - 3 Mallard Close, Ordinary Life Project Association(The), Wiltshire: Good
- Sharon and Glen Arnott - 32 Beamont Way, Sharon and Glen Arnott, Wiltshire: Good
- The Mead, National Schizophrenia Fellowship, Wiltshire: Good
- Multi-Care (Reading) Limited - 375 Old Whitley Wood Lane, Multi-Care (Reading) Limited, Wokingham: Good
- Carlton Mansions Care Home, Acegold Limited, Bristol, City of: Requires improvement
- Bishops Corner, New Directions (Bexhill) Limited, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Cornfield House, Jiva Healthcare Limited, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Hardwick House, Mrs Fiona Mary Haggis, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Dalkeith, Amicis Care Limited, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Tendercare, Ms Candice Melissa Wiltshire, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Care Management Group - 57 Bury Road, Care Management Group Limited, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Tiled House, Dr Azim D Lakhani & Mr Amin Lakhani & Mrs Malek D Lakhani, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Better at Home (IOW) Limited, Better at Home (IOW) Limited, Isle of Wight: Requires improvement
- The Croft (RCH) Limited, The Croft (RCH) Limited, Isle of Wight: Requires improvement
- Darenth Grange Residential Home, DFA Care Limited, Kent: Requires improvement
- Gough House, Weston-super-Mare Free Church Housing Association Limited, North Somerset: Requires improvement
- Neva Manor Care Home, Neva Manor Care Home, North Somerset: Requires improvement
- Norewood Lodge Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (ANS) Limited, North Somerset: Requires improvement
- Mon Choisy, Auditcare Mon Choisy Limited, Oxfordshire: Requires improvement
- Hillcrest, Mrs Sarah Louise Howick and Mr Simon Parker, South Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Respite Unit for adults with learning disabilities - 32 Kentish Road, Southampton City Council, Southampton: Requires improvement
- Living Ambitions Limited - 330A Guildford Road, Living Ambitions Limited, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Hadleigh Court, Babbacombe Care Limited, Torbay: Requires improvement
- Cabot House, Pathway Healthcare Ltd, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Strawberry Fields, Consensus Support Services Limited, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Durlston House and Durlston Lodge, Homes Caring For Autism Limited, Wiltshire: Requires improvement
- The Orchard, Mrs P M Hannelly, Buckinghamshire: Inadequate
- Regency Residential Care Home, Norma Martin Care Homes Limited, Devon: Inadequate
- Angel Heart Home Care Limited, Angel Heart Home Care Ltd, Surrey: Inadequate
- Echelforde, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, Surrey: Inadequate
For further information, please contact John Scott, Regional Engagement Manager on 077898 75809.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.