You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 71 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 71 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 45 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 21 have been rated Requires Improvement, 4 have been rated Inadequate and one rated as Outstanding.
Under CQC's new programme of inspections, all of England's adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 71 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- St Peters Hall, Birmingham: Good
- Real Life Options – 120 Lichfield Road, Birmingham: Inadequate
- Real Life Options – Stacey Drive, Birmingham: Inadequate
- St Georges Court Care Centre, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Oak Lodge Residential Home, Coventry: Good
- Chimneys Residential Home, Derby: Good
- Elvaston Lodge Residential Home, Derby: Good
- Caring Hands (Care Services) Limited, Derbyshire: Good
- Tansley House Care Home, Derbyshire: Good
- The Old Rectory, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Kiniths House, Dudley: Requires improvement
- Nethercrest Residential Home, Dudley: Requires improvement
- Acorn Village, Essex: Good
- Don Thomson House, Essex: Good
- Ducks Halt, Essex: Good
- Meadows, Essex: Good
- Mondial, Essex: Good
- Stanway Green Lodge, Essex: Good
- Tang Hall Residential Home, Essex: Good
- The Firs, Essex: Good
- Valmark House, Essex: Good
- Valentine Lodge, Essex: Requires improvement
- CareTech Community Services Limited – 196 High Street, Hertfordshire: Good
- Cherry Tree Housing Association – 12 Tavistock Avenue, Hertfordshire: Good
- Wymondley Nursing & Residential Care Home, Hertfordshire: Good
- Cherry Tree Housing Association – 5 Tavistock Avenue, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Field House Nursing Home, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Bluewood Leicester, Leicester: Good
- Lansdowne Road (67-71), Leicester: Good
- St Bennett's Care Home, Leicester: Good
- Hamilton House, Leicester: Requires improvement
- Applegarth, Leicestershire: Good
- Royal Mencap Society – 45 Park Road, Leicestershire: Good
- Charnwood Oaks Nursing Home, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Village Farm, Lincolnshire: Good
- Braceborough Hall Retirement Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Drovers Call, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- The Limes Care Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- The Manor, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Disabilities Trust – 1 Westfield Road, Milton Keynes: Good
- Mill House, Norfolk: Good
- Cheney House, Northamptonshire: Good
- Eliona Healthcare Limited, Northamptonshire: Good
- 51 The Drive, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Grafton House, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Nottingham Shared Lives Service, Nottingham: Good
- Woodhouse Road Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Good
- St Margaret's House, Peterborough: Good
- Unique Superior Care Limited, Rutland: Requires improvement
- High Lea House, Shropshire: Good
- Consensus Support Services Limited – Shrewsbury, Shropshire: Requires improvement
- White Doves, Solihull: Good
- Hart View, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Choices Housing Association Limited – 4 West Street, Staffordshire: Good
- Orsett House Retirement Home, Staffordshire: Good
- Stubby Leas Nursing Home, Staffordshire: Good
- Grangemoor House Nursing Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Choices Housing Association Limited – 1 William Street, Stoke-on-Trent: Good
- Amber Lodge – Lowestoft, Suffolk: Good
- Lound Hall, Suffolk: Good
- The Treehouse, Suffolk: Good
- Affinity Trust Domicilliary Care Agency Suffolk, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Kesgrave Bungalow, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- The Willows, Telford and Wrekin: Good
- The Cottage Christian Nursing and Residential Home, Telford and Wrekin: Requires improvement
- Naidcare, Thurrock: Inadequate
- Rushall Care Home, Walsall: Good
- Haven Nursing Home, Warwickshire: Inadequate
- Merevale House Residential Home, Warwickshire: Outstanding
- Merecroft, Worcestershire: Good
- The Springs Nursing and Residential Home, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
For further information, please contact Jade Quittenton, Regional Engagement Officer on 0191 2333649
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.