You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 70 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 70 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections one has been rated Outstanding, 44 have been rated as Good, 22 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 70 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Alzheimer's Society - Sheffield, Alzheimer's Society, Sheffield: Outstanding
- Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council Domiciliary Care, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Ambassador Care Home, D.M. Care Limited, Blackpool: Good
- Gwenlyn House, Mrs Elizabeth Greaves, Blackpool: Good
- Royal Mencap Society - 62 Wright Street, Royal Mencap Society, Bolton: Good
- Abbeydale Residential Care Home, Abbeydale (Ilkley) Limited, Bradford: Good
- The Cedars Residential Care Home, CLS Care Services Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- The Lady Verdin Trust - Claremont, The Lady Verdin Trust Limited, Cheshire East: Good
- Mount Pleasant Nursing Home Limited, Mount Pleasant Nursing Home Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Prospect House, Prospect House (Malpas) Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Woodland Road, MacIntyre Care, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Acorn Grange Care Home, Robert Pattinson, County Durham: Good
- Beachcomber Care Home (Nursing), A. Charles Thomas (Care) Limited, County Durham: Good
- Brancepeth Court, Bondcare Willington Limited, County Durham: Good
- Divine Care Centre, Elba Care Limited, County Durham: Good
- Kings Court Care Home, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, County Durham: Good
- Lindisfarne Newton Aycliffe, Gainford Care Homes Limited, County Durham: Good
- The Limes, Burlington Care Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- The Old School House and Courtyard Nursing Home, The Old School House Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Henshaws Society for Blind People - 3 Red Admiral Court Gateshead, Henshaws Society for Blind People, Gateshead: Good
- St Cuthberts House, St Cuthbert's House Limited, Gateshead: Good
- Amberdene Lodge, Graham Abel, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Your Lives UK Limited, Your Lives UK Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Bay Homecare, Mr Alain Rosario Choo Fon, Lancashire: Good
- Belvedere Manor, Silk Healthcare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Bluebird Care (Lancasterand South Lakeland), The Little Wren Ltd, Lancashire: Good
- Courtfield Lodge, Flightcare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Ferndale Care Home, Ferndale Care Home, Leeds: Good
- Grayson Home Care, Grayson Home Care Limited, Leeds: Good
- Terry Yorath House, Saint John of God Hospitaller Services, Leeds: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care, Mmeds Care Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Sovereign Court, Sovereign Guest Services Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- The Alan Shearer Centre, St Cuthberts Care, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Age UK North Tyneside, Age UK North Tyneside, North Tyneside: Good
- Eden House, Eden House, North Yorkshire: Good
- Henshaws Society for Blind People - 1 The Avenue Knaresborough, Henshaws Society for Blind People, North Yorkshire: Good
- Henshaws Society for Blind People - 8 Spring Mount Harrogate, Henshaws Society for Blind People, North Yorkshire: Good
- Stakesby Road, The Wilf Ward Family Trust, North Yorkshire: Good
- No 19 Third Row, Mr J & Mrs D Cole, Northumberland: Good
- Walsingham Supported Living North East, Walsingham Support Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Beech Haven, Morley Care Services Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Kingdom House, Lifeways Community Care Limited, Rotherham: Good
- Appleton Lodge, HC-One Limited, Stockport: Good
- Meadowview Care Home, Ashberry Healthcare Limited, Warrington: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - York DCA, St Anne's Community Services, York: Good
- Real Care Ribble Valley Limited, Real Care Ribble Valley Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Requires improvement
- Atherton Lodge, P.A.R. Nursing Homes Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Tarvin Court, Tarvin Estates LLP, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Armstrong House, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Chase Park Neuro Centre, Keiro Limited, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Caritas Care Solutions Ltd, Caritas Care Solutions Ltd, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Lowdon House, Mrs Joan Smith, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Moorland Nursing Home, Veatreey Development Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- The Old Vicarage Care Home, Aegis Residential Care Homes Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Nada Residential and Nursing Home, Mr Pierre Grenade, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Parkvale, Aspire Healthcare Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Upsall House Residential Home Limited, Upsall House Residential Home Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Thornton Lodge Care Home, GGS Care Home Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Lower Bowshaw View Nursing Home, Totalwest Limited, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- United Response - 21 North View, United Response, South Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Reinbek, Borough Care Ltd, Stockport: Requires improvement
- Chestnut Lodge Nursing Home, Mrs J Stead, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Real Life Options - 96 Bishopton Road, Real Life Options, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Roseville Care Centre, Prestige Estates (North East) Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Firbank House, Partnership Caring Ltd, Tameside: Requires improvement
- The Hollies, The Hollies Care Services Ltd, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- St Martins Residential Home, Assistwide Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Chester Lodge Care Home, Heathbrock Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Inadequate
- HICA Home Care - Hull, H I C A, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Inadequate
- Voyage (DCA) (North East), Voyage 1 Limited, Sunderland: Inadequate
For further information please contact David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220 or Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.