You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 68 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 68 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections 32 have been rated as Good, 31 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 68 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Glen Tanar Rest Home, Fylde Care 2004 Ltd, Blackpool: Good
- Silverlea Residential Home, Kevin Casey, Bradford: Good
- Park View, Miss Dawn Charlesworth and Mrs Cheryl Ince, Bury: Good
- The Elms, Miss Dawn Charlesworth and Mrs Cheryl Ince, Bury: Good
- CWAC West Cheshire Network, Vivo Care Choices Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Essendene EPH, Mr Peter Brocklehurst and Mrs Carol Brocklehurst, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Rivacre House, Making Space, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Whetstone Hey Residential Care Home, CLS Care Services Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Garth Brow (Adult Care Home), The Oaklea Trust, Cumbria: Good
- Twilight Years Limited, Twilight Years Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Ashleigh House, Pathways Care Group Limited, Darlington: Good
- Hundens Park, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, Darlington: Good
- Manor House, Active Care Homes Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Eastfield Farm Residential Home Limited, Eastfield Farm Residential Home Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Summer Court, Hexon Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Horton Education and Care, Horton Establishments Ltd, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Norcott House, Short Ground Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Privilege Home Care, Faisal Ismail, Kirklees: Good
- Walton House Nursing Home, Walton Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Heathcotes (Kirklands), Heathcotes Care Limited, Leeds: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Leeds DCA, St Anne's Community Services, Leeds: Good
- Avalon Harrogate Services, Adult Placement Services Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Avalon Northallerton Services, Adult Placement Services Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Avalon Scarborough Services, Adult Placement Services Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Craven Community and Voluntary Services, Craven Community and Voluntary Services, North Yorkshire: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Ripon Community House, St Anne's Community Services, North Yorkshire: Good
- United Response - 14 Manor Road, United Response, North Yorkshire: Good
- United Response - 4 Highgate Park, United Response, North Yorkshire: Good
- Autism Plus, Autism Plus Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Carrdale, Care and Support Sunderland Limited, Sunderland: Good
- The Old Rectory, Mr & Mrs M Jingree, Wigan: Good
- Sandtoft Care Home, Sandtoft Care Home Ltd, Wirral: Good
- Rosglen Residential Home, Just Global Ltd, Barnsley: Requires improvement
- Malvern Nursing Home, Mrs R Halsall, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Crawfords Walk Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Brookwood EMI Home, Atheray Organisation Limited, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Sunningdale, Care UK Community Partnerships Ltd, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Woodford Care Home, Bostan Care Homes Ltd, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Greenacres, Ideal Carehomes (Kirklees) Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Southfield Court Care Home, Tamaris Healthcare (England) Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- St Anne's Community Services - Smithies Moor Lane, St Anne's Community Services, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- The Denby at Denby Dale, Meridian Healthcare Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Woodlands Care Home, Speciality Care (REIT Homes) Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Northlands Village Rest Home, Mr Simon Dickinson and Mrs Christine Dickinson, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- 12 Tapton Way, Just One Recruitment and Training Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Castle Grange, Unity Homes Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Cressington Court Care Home, Timaru Care TA Cressington Court Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Bradley House Care Home, Dryband One Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Cloverdale Care Home, Dryband One Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Isabella Court, The Wilf Ward Family Trust, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Voyage (DCA) North Yorkshire, Voyage 1 Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Hillcrest Care Home, Dolphin Property Company Limited, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Station House, Emerald Care Services Limited, Rotherham: Requires improvement
- Beenstock Home, Beenstock Home Management Co. Ltd, Salford: Requires improvement
- CRG Homecare - Salford, Castlerock Recruitment Group Ltd, Salford: Requires improvement
- Cambridge Court Care Home, Unity Homes Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Shandon House, SBS-Services Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Hyde Nursing Home, Meridian Healthcare Limited, Tameside: Requires improvement
- MRL Healthcare Limited, MRL Healthcare Limited, Tameside: Requires improvement
- Bickham House, Bickham House Trustees, Trafford: Requires improvement
- Norfolk House, Mr & Mrs M Jingree, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Bebington Care Home, Tamaris (England) Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- St George's Care Homes, St George's (Liverpool) Limited, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Parkview Nursing and Residential Home, Jewelglen Limited, Bolton: Inadequate
- St Ives Disabled Care Centre, Elder Homes Bingley LLP, Bradford: Inadequate
- Saltshouse Haven Residential and Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes (CFHCare) Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Inadequate
- Brocklehurst Nursing Home, Sure Care (UK) Limited, Manchester: Inadequate
- Hope Manor Residential Home, Coveleaf Limited, Salford: Inadequate
For further information, please contact:
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629
- David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
- Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.