You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 64 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 64 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 33 have been rated as Good, 27 have been Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 64 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Shared Lives Scheme, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Ravenswing Manor Residential Care Home, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Hawkhurst, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Avonbloom Retirement Home, Blackpool: Good
- St Stephens Nursing Home, Blackpool: Good
- Wheatley Lane, Calderdale: Good
- Grace Community Care, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Barrington Lodge Care Home, County Durham: Good
- Field View, County Durham: Good
- Bowe's Court Care Home, County Durham: Good
- Creative Support - Station View, Cumbria: Good
- Greenlane House, Cumbria: Good
- Twilight Years Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Chichester Hall Care Home, Cumbria: Good
- Holehird - Care Home with Nursing Physical Disabilities, Cumbria: Good
- Yealand Drive (Adult Care Home), Cumbria: Good
- STEPS Team, Doncaster: Good
- Brough Manor Care Home, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Southlands, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Ebor Lodge, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Wharfedale House - Care Home Physical Disabilities, Leeds: Good
- The Anchorage - Care Home, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- The Gatehouse, North Yorkshire: Good
- Caremark (Harrogate), North Yorkshire: Good
- Esteem Homecare Services, North Yorkshire: Good
- Independent Living, North Yorkshire: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care, Rochdale: Good
- Ashbrook Neuro Rehabilitation, Rochdale: Good
- Browns Short Break Respite Limited, St. Helens: Good
- Regents View Care Home, Sunderland: Good
- The Beeches, Tameside: Good
- St Oswalds, Warrington: Good
- Wishingwell Residential Care Home, York: Good
- Freedom Supported Living Registered Office, Blackburn with Darwen: Requires improvement
- Allerton Park Care Centre, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Redburn House, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Bridge House, Bury: Requires improvement
- Bradford Supported Living, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Clumber House Nursing Home, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Castle Care Tessdale Limited, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Wyndham Manor Care Home, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Rosecroft Residential Home, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Lindisfarne Crawcrook, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- Rosedale/Rosewood, Hartlepool: Requires improvement
- Warrior Park Care Home, Hartlepool: Requires improvement
- Croftland Care Home with Nursing, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Oakendale Residential Care Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Addison Court, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Southfields Care Homes - 111 Crescent Road, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Stainton Lodge Care Centre, Middlesbrough: Requires improvement
- Amber House, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Alexandra Park, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Lakeside Residential Care Home, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Heritage Homecare Heywood, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Abbey Grove Residential Home, Salford: Requires improvement
- Heath Cottage, Salford: Requires improvement
- Heeley Bank Care Home, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Willowdene Care Home, South Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Shawcross Care Home, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Lakeside Nursing & Residential Home, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Sandiway Lodge Residential Home, Cheshire West and Chester: Inadequate
- Scaleford Care Home, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Abbotsford Nursing Home - Manchester, Manchester: Inadequate
- Eleanor House, North East Lincolnshire: Inadequate
For further information, please contact
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629
- David Fryer, Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220>
- Mark Humphreys, Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.