You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 63 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 63 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 40 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 22 have been rated Requires Improvement and one has been rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 63 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- CareTech Community Services Limited - 82 Chaucer Road, Bedford: Good
- Gracefield Nursing Home and Residential Care Home, Cambridgeshire: Good
- The Birches Residential Home, Central Bedfordshire: Good
- Elmwood House, Derbyshire: Good
- New Bassett House Care Home, Derbyshire: Good
- Tapton Grove, Derbyshire: Good
- Freda Gunton Lodge Residential Home, Essex: Good
- Maitland House, Essex: Good
- Parklands Nursing Home, Essex: Good
- Ganarew House Care Home, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Verulam House Nursing Home, Hertfordshire: Good
- Diamond House, Leicester: Good
- Halifax Drive, Leicester: Good
- Knighton Manor Limited, Leicester: Good
- Homefield College Limited - 139 Homefield Road, Leicestershire: Good
- Homefield College Limited - 151 Ratcliffe Road, Leicestershire: Good
- Homefield College Limited - 51 Greedon Rise, Leicestershire: Good
- Homefield College Limited - 76 Cossington Road, Leicestershire: Good
- Kingly Croft, Leicestershire: Good
- The Willows Residential Home (Hinckley), Leicestershire: Good
- Milton Keynes Supported Living Service, Milton Keynes: Good
- Willows Care Centre Limited, Milton Keynes: Good
- Joseph House, Norfolk: Good
- Sunnycroft Care Home, Norfolk: Good
- Linden Manor, Northamptonshire: Good
- St John's Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- St Michaels Lodge, Northamptonshire: Good
- Kingsthorpe View Care Home, Nottingham: Good
- Acer Court Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Balm Care Services Limited, Sandwell: Good
- Creative Support - Blackfriars, Shropshire: Good
- Derwen College, Shropshire: Good
- Fairmont Residential Limited, Staffordshire: Good
- Loughton Court, Staffordshire: Good
- St Barnabas Residential Home, Suffolk: Good
- The Hay Wain, Suffolk: Good
- Care Management Group - Meesons Lodge, Thurrock: Good
- Craighaven Care Home, Warwickshire: Good
- Bedwardine House Residential Care Home, Worcestershire: Good
- Bowood Court, Worcestershire: Good
- Soham Lodge, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- Greenacre Residential Home, Central Bedfordshire: Requires improvement
- Normanton Village View Nursing Home, Derby: Requires improvement
- Special Care Services - Main Office, Derby: Requires improvement
- Treetops Care Home, Essex: Requires improvement
- Abbey Grange Residential Home, Herefordshire, County of: Requires improvement
- Grey Ferrers Nursing and Residential Home, Leicester: Requires improvement
- Rosywood Care Services, Leicester: Requires improvement
- New Hope Care Leicester, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Able Community Care, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Caremark (West Norfolk), Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Grenville Court Care Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- St Mary's Care Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- The Limes, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Sevacare - Northampton, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- St Michaels House, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Moorlands Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Chater Lodge, Rutland: Requires improvement
- Gorse Farm, Solihull: Requires improvement
- Conifers Nursing Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Honeybrook House, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
- Westley Court Care Home, Worcestershire: Requires improvement
- Weald Hall Residential Home, Essex: Inadequate
For further information please contact the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.