You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 62 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 62 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections 30 have been rated as Good, 27 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 62 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Mrs Mary Catherine Webster - 45 Watson Road, Mrs Mary Catherine Webster, Blackpool: Good
- Astley Grange, Astley Grange Homes Limited, Bolton: Good
- Pellon Care Centre, Four Seasons Homes No.4 Limited, Calderdale: Good
- One 2 One Support (Cheshire) Limited, One 2 One Support (Cheshire) Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Education and Services for People with Autism Limited - 35-37 Portland Avenue, Education and Services for People with Autism Limited, County Durham: Good
- Jack Dormand Care Home, HC-One Limited, County Durham: Good
- Lindisfarne Care Home, Gainford Care Homes Limited, County Durham: Good
- Allanby House, Community Integrated Care, Cumbria: Good
- Human Support Group Limited - Doncaster, The Human Support Group Limited, Doncaster: Good
- Sherbutt Home Care Services Limited, Sherbutt Home Care Services Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Ashdale Lodge Residential Care Home, Sanctuary Care Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Ravensknowle Road, Bridgewood Trust Limited, Kirklees: Good
- Longview House, 2 Care, Knowsley: Good
- Crossroads Care North West - Hyndburn, Crossroads Care North West, Lancashire: Good
- Mansard House, Potensial Limited, Lancashire: Good
- St Annes Care Services, Mrs Patricia Clarke-Roberts, Lancashire: Good
- Eastbourne House, Helen McArdle Care Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- Rainbow Lodge, Ms Catherine Sleightholm, North Yorkshire: Good
- The Lodge, Milford Lodge LLP, North Yorkshire: Good
- Thistle Hill, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Threshfield Court, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- Chibburn Court, Northumberland County Council, Northumberland: Good
- Brunswick House, Marran Ltd, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Avenswood Nursing Home, Nursing Home Management Limited, Sefton: Good
- Dovecote Manor, Mark Jonathan Gilbert and Luke William Gilbert, Sefton: Good
- Twelve Trees Homecare Limited, Twelve Trees Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Thorncliffe Grange, Partnership Caring Ltd, Tameside: Good
- Whinndale, Ark Home Healthcare Limited, Wakefield: Good
- Fairfield Nursing Home, Fairfield Healthcare Limited, Wirral: Good
- Wirral Autistic Society - 86 Allport Road, The Wirral Autistic Society, Wirral: Good
- Springfield Care Home, Four Seasons Health Care (England) Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Requires improvement
- Langdale Residential Home, Michael C S Kainth, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Redwalls Nursing Home, Redwalls Care Services Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- The Old Hall Residential Home, Galfrie Limited, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Pentrich Residential Home, Mr Olu Femiola, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Thorn Hall Residential Care Home, PWC Care Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Bryan Wood, Orchard Care Homes.com (3) Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Morecambe Bay Care Home, Four Seasons (No 7) Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Scenario Management - Riversmede, Scenario Management Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Richmond House, Leeds City Council, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Cherry Cottage, Wings Care (North West) LLP, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Laburnum Cottage, Wings Care (North West) LLP, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Waverley Care Home, Daughters of Mary Mother of Mercy, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- The Royal Elms Care Home, Rajanikanth Selvanandan, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Briardene Care Home, Windmill Hills Care Home Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Requires improvement
- Housing & Care 21 - Rowan Croft, Housing & Care 21, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- St Marys View, Aspire Healthcare Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- North Yorkshire County Council - 5 Whitby Road, North Yorkshire County Council, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Jervaulx Road, Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Helping Hands, Abbotsound Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- The Fountains Nursing Home, Liberty Healthcare Solutions Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Dovehaven Nursing Home, Mrs Wendy J Gilbert & Mr Mark J Gilbert, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Jasmin Court Nursing Home, Sage Care Homes (Jasmin Court) Ltd, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Victoria Lodge Care Home, Tamaris Healthcare (England) Limited, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- Priory Gardens, HC-One Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Vicarage Court Care Home, Calsa Care Limited, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Golborne House Residential Care Home, Croftwood Care Ltd, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Royal Court Care Home, Healthmade Limited, Barnsley: Inadequate
- The Maples Residential Care Home, Rizwan Iqbal and Mrs Parvin Khan & Mr Asif R Khan, Barnsley: Inadequate
- St Winifred's Nursing Home, Vishomil Limited, Calderdale: Inadequate
- St Mary's Care Home, Carewell (Health Care) Limited, County Durham: Inadequate
- Phoenix Park Care Village, Prime Life Limited, North Lincolnshire: Inadequate
For further information, please contact
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629.
- David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
- Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.