You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 61 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 61 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 27 of these services have been rated as Good, 29 have been rated Requires Improvement and five have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 61 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Rosebery House, Barnsley: Good
- Ghyll Court Residential Home, Bradford: Good
- Riverview Nursing Home, Bradford: Good
- Rosegarland Residential Home Limited, Bradford: Good
- Willow Bank Care Home, Bradford: Good
- Savile Park, Calderdale: Good
- Langley House, County Durham: Good
- Redwell Hills Care Home, County Durham: Good
- Petteril House, Cumbria: Good
- The Lombrand Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Camborne Lodge, Gateshead: Good
- Desmond House Limited, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Allied Healthcare - Ormskirk, Lancashire: Good
- Russley Lodge, Manchester: Good
- The Avenue Community Nursing Home, Middlesbrough: Good
- Chestnuts Residential Home, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Weelsby View, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Dimensions 6 Queens View Crescent, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Alba Rose, North Yorkshire: Good
- Park View, North Yorkshire: Good
- Thornton Hill, North Yorkshire: Good
- Helping Hands Community Care - Blyth, Northumberland: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care (Rotherham), Rotherham: Good
- Sandygate Residential Care Home, Rotherham: Good
- Green Heys Care Home, Sefton: Good
- Teesdale Lodge Nursing Home, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Belong Atherton Care Village, Wigan: Good
- Altum Spring, Bury: Requires improvement
- Burrswood House Nursing and Residential Home, Bury: Requires improvement
- Eagle Care Home, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Pellon Care Centre, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Welcome Independent Living Limited, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- Holmdale, Halton: Requires improvement
- HICA Home Care - Hull, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Maybury Court Residential Home, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Mears Care - Kirklees, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Church View (Nursing Home), Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Redlands Care Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Castleton Care Home, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Claremont Care Home, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Corinthian House, Leeds: Requires improvement
- SENSE - 509 Leeds and Bradford Road, Leeds: Requires improvement
- St Anne's Community Services - Croft House, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Rodney House Care Home, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Boroughbridge Manor and Lodge Care Home, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Lake and Orchard Care Centre, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Grange, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Overstone Retirement Home, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Astune Rise Nursing Home, Redcar and Cleveland: Requires improvement
- Kenyon Lodge, Salford: Requires improvement
- Swinton Hall Nursing Home Limited, Salford: Requires improvement
- Boscobel, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Paddock Hill, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Elton Hall Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Whitwood Grange, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- The Hamiltons Care Home, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Alders Residential Home, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Southwold Nursing Home, Manchester: Inadequate
- Pennyghael Residential Home, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- Creative Support - Elkin Court, Trafford: Inadequate
- Woodend Nursing and Residential Centre, Trafford: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Communications Officer Mark Humphreys on 0191 233 3519.
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.