You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 61 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 61 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections none have been rated Outstanding, 30 have been rated as Good, 23 have been rated Requires Improvement and eight have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection – we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
“Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will take further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 61 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Berwick House Rest Home, Europe Care Holdings Limited, Blackpool: Good
- Risedale at Aldingham Nursing Home, Risedale Estates Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Fountains Homecare, Mrs Amanda Jackson, Darlington: Good
- The Shared Lives Scheme, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- St Anne's Community Services - Oxfield Court, St Anne's Community Services, Kirklees: Good
- Burrowbeck Community Care, Active Pathways Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Interserve Healthcare - Fylde Coast, Interserve Healthcare Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Cardinal Heenan House, The Sons of Divine Providence, Lancashire: Good
- Victoria House, Victoria House Care Home Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Farfield Drive, Aspire Community Benefit Society Limited, Leeds: Good
- Raynel Drive, Aspire Community Benefit Society Limited, Leeds: Good
- Gledhow Lodge, Yorkshire Residential Care Limited, Leeds: Good
- Lindisfarne House, Gainford Care Homes Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Momentum Care Services, Momentum Care Services, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Cragston Court, Partnerships in Care 1 Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Cranwell Court, Longhurst & Havelok Homes Limited, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Beechcroft House, JME Care LTD, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Flexible Support Options Limited (Stockholm Close), Flexible Support Options Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- The Lawns Care Home, Mr Trevor Nesbit, North Tyneside: Good
- New Prospects Association Limited - 53 Kilburn Gardens, New Prospects Association Limited, North Tyneside: Good
- Royal Care Health Recruitment & Training, REYMC 247 (PVT) Limited, Rotherham: Good
- James Page, Parkhaven Trust, Sefton: Good
- Wood Hill House, Horizon Care Homes Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Clasper Court, South Tyneside MBC, South Tyneside: Good
- Greenbank, Care and Support Sunderland Limited, Sunderland: Good
- Housing & Care 21 - Beckwith Mews, Housing & Care 21, Sunderland: Good
- Yorkshire Care and Support Services, Yorkshire Care and Support Services Limited, Wakefield: Good
- The Cottage, Bright Futures Care Limited, Warrington: Good
- High Peak Nursing Home, Embrace (UK) Limited, Warrington: Good
- Morrell House, City of York Council, York: Good
- Homecroft Residential Home, Queensland Care Limited, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Accept Care Limited, Accept Care Ltd, County Durham: Requires improvement
- Eastfield Hall, Larchwood Care Homes (North) Limited, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Integrity Home Care Limited, Integrity Home Care Ltd, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Aden View Care Home, Aden House Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Avalon West Yorkshire Services, Adult Placement Services Limited, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Roby House Care Centre, Meridian Healthcare Limited, Knowsley: Requires improvement
- The Knights Care Home, Aegis Residential Care Homes Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Willowbank Rest Home, Angel Plus Homes Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Ashcroft Homecare Limited, Ashcroft Homecare Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Stanley Grange, Future Directions CIC, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Hillcroft Nursing Home Lancaster, Hillcroft Nursing Homes Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Parklands Care Home, Parklands Residential Home Limited, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Mears Care Limited, Mears Care Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Harewood Court Nursing Home, Solutions (Yorkshire) Limited, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Alt Park Nursing Home, Tudor Bank Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Rosemount Care Home, Cotswold Spa Retirement Hotels Limited, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Dunollie Nursing Home, Embrace (South West) Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Ashfield (Malton) (North Yorkshire County Council), North Yorkshire County Council, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Tudor House, Roche Healthcare Limited, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Riverslie, Innocare Limited, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Holme Lea, Meridian Healthcare Limited, Tameside: Requires improvement
- Hurst Hall, Meridian Healthcare Limited, Tameside: Requires improvement
- Westerlands Nursing Home, Prime Life Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Inadequate
- Blossom Care Home, Blossom Care Home Limited, Kirklees: Inadequate
- Alwoodleigh, Larchwood Care Homes (North) Limited, Kirklees: Inadequate
- Haverholme House, Haverholme Care Home Limited, North Lincolnshire: Inadequate
- Direct Health (Sheffield), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Sheffield: Inadequate
- The Meadows Care Home, Tamaris Care Properties Limited, South Tyneside: Inadequate
- Rosemount Care Home, Rosemount Care Home Ltd, Stockport: Inadequate
- Direct Health (Stockton on Tees), Direct Health (UK) Limited, Stockton-on-Tees: Inadequate
For further information, please contact Kerri James, Regional Engagement Communications Officer on 07881656012.
David Fryer, Regional Engagement Manager on 07901 514220.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here.
Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.