You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 61 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 61 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 33 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 25 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 61 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Housing and Care 21 - Saxon Court, Birmingham: Good
- Edina Court, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Hunters Down Care Centre, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Radis Community Care (Baird Lodge), Cambridgeshire: Good
- The Oaks Residential Care Home, Essex: Good
- Winsford House, Essex: Good
- Ab Fab Care Agency Limited, Herefordshire, County of: Good
- Abbey Lodge, Hertfordshire: Good
- Turning Point - Ambleside, Hertfordshire: Good
- Westgate House Care Centre, Hertfordshire: Good
- Cherry Tree Lodge Nursing Home, Lincolnshire: Good
- Willoughby Grange Care Home, Lincolnshire: Good
- Milliner House, Luton: Good
- Five Gables Nursing Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- Greenwood Lodge, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Sherwood House Residential Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Dovedale Court, Sandwell: Good
- Beulah House, Shropshire: Good
- 2 Kettlewell Way, Solihull: Good
- Wagstaff Way, Solihull: Good
- Havengore House Residential Care Home, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- West House, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- Radis Community Care (Burton on Trent), Staffordshire: Good
- Burgess House, Suffolk: Good
- Clover, Suffolk: Good
- Magdalen House Care Home, Suffolk: Good
- Astbury View, Walsall: Good
- Lonsdale House, Walsall: Good
- Showell Court, Wolverhampton: Good
- Wisdom Healthcare Limited, Wolverhampton: Good
- Albion Lodge Retirement Home, Worcestershire: Good
- College House Residential Home, Worcestershire: Good
- Options Bredon House, Worcestershire: Good
- Rutland Manor Nursing Home, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Braintree Nursing Home, Essex: Requires improvement
- The Old Rectory, Essex: Requires improvement
- Empathy Nursing and Social Care, Leicester: Requires improvement
- Belvoir Home Care Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Stewton House, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Sutton Lodge Nursing and Residential Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Alicia Nursing Home, Luton: Requires improvement
- Brooklands Nursing & Residential Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Overbury House Nursing and Residential Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Peverell Care Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Heath Rise, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- The Conifers Residential Care Home, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Bramcote Hills Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Holme Lodge - Care Home Physical Disabilities, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Meadow Lodge, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Wynhill Lodge Short Breaks Service, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Beechcroft Residential Home, Sandwell: Requires improvement
- Ditton Priors Care Centre, Shropshire: Requires improvement
- Ottley House, Shropshire: Requires improvement
- The Vicarage Nursing Home, Shropshire: Requires improvement
- Rosemary Lodge, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Wilford House, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Fernlea, Stoke-on-Trent: Requires improvement
- Ash Grange Nursing Home, Walsall: Requires improvement
- Bluebird Care East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire: Inadequate
- Kirk House Care Home, Staffordshire: Inadequate
- Melford Court Nursing Home, Suffolk: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Officer, Helen Gildersleeve on 0191 2333379. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.