You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 60 adult social care services in the South
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 60 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the South of England.
Following recent inspections, 25 of these care homes and agencies supporting people in their own homes have been rated as Good, 30 have been rated as Requires Improvement and five have been rated as Inadequate.
Under CQC's programme of inspections, all of England's adult social care services regulated by CQC are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Deborah Ivanova, CQC's Head of Inspection for Adult Social Care, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. We assess services against five key questions – Is the service caring? Is the service effective? Is the service safe? Is the service well led? Is the service responsive? – and rate each question and the service overall. Where we find a service meets our characteristics of good or outstanding then we will rate accordingly.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service. Providers of those services should take the publication of the Inadequate rating as a signal that immediate action is required to improve the service.
Full reports on all 60 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Appletrees, West Berkshire: Good
- Caring for You Limited - Portsmouth, Portsmouth: Good
- Choice Care Home, Torbay: Good
- Clifton Care, City of Bristol: Good
- Corrina Lodge, Surrey: Good
- Deer Park Homecare, Devon: Good
- Glebelands, Wokingham: Good
- Inclusion Care, Gloucestershire: Good
- Langholme, Cornwall: Good
- Meylan House, Oxfordshire: Good
- Mountford, Cornwall: Good
- Network Healthcare - Chipping Sodbury, South Gloucestershire: Good
- New Key Bristol, City of Bristol: Good
- Partners in Care (South West) Limited, Devon: Good
- Radis Community Care (Cedar Court), Reading: Good
- Rush Court, Oxfordshire: Good
- Simply Together Limited, Buckinghamshire: Good
- Springfield Nursing and Residential Care Home, Hampshire: Good
- St Helens Down, East Sussex: Good
- Summerlands, West Sussex: Good
- The Old Vicarage Residential Home, Gloucestershire: Good
- Tregolls Manor, Cornwall: Good
- Upfield, Surrey: Good
- Warmley Court, South Gloucestershire: Good
- Welcome House - The Chestnuts, Medway: Good
- Aniska Lodge, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Blossom House, Hampshire: Requires improvement
- Cavell House, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Church Lane, Kent: Requires improvement
- Claremont House, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Collingwood Grange Care Centre, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Combe Lea Community Resource Centre, Bath and North East Somerset: Requires improvement
- East View Housing Management Limited - 368 The Ridge, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Hatherley Grange Nursing Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Kathleens Lodge, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Keller House Residential Care Home, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Keychange Charity Sceats Care Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- Lifeways Community Care (Swindon), Swindon: Requires improvement
- Marlborough House, Kent: Requires improvement
- Martha House, Kent: Requires improvement
- Meyrick Rise, Bournemouth: Requires improvement
- Millfield House, Kent: Requires improvement
- Mulberry Living Limited, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Palm Court Nursing Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- Princess Christian Residential and Nursing Care Home, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Rainscombe House, Surrey: Requires improvement
- Rivendale Lodge EMI Care Home, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- Southlands Court Residential Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- St Faith’s Nursing Home, Gloucestershire: Requires improvement
- St Nectans Residential Care Home, East Sussex: Requires improvement
- The Knoll Nursing Home, Kent: Requires improvement
- The Old Rectory, Somerset: Requires improvement
- The Priory Residential Care Home, Devon: Requires improvement
- Warmere Court, West Sussex: Requires improvement
- Woodland, Cornwall: Requires improvement
- Birchlands, Surrey: Inadequate
- Birdsgrove Nursing Home, Bracknell Forest: Inadequate
- Elreg House, West Sussex: Inadequate
- Freegrove Care Home, Hampshire: Inadequate
- Greenhill Residential Home, Devon: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager John Scott on 07789 875809 or, for media enquiries, call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here (Please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.