You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 60 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 60 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 39 of these services have been rated as Good, 15 have been rated Requires Improvement and six have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 60 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Knightswood Care Home, Bolton: Good
- The Clough Care Home, Bolton: Good
- Trinity House, County Durham: Good
- Applegarth Nursing Home, Cumbria: Good
- Chrysalis, Cumbria: Good
- Harker Grange Nursing Home, Cumbria: Good
- Trinity House Care Services Limited 1, Cumbria: Good
- Ernelesthorp Manor and Lodge, Doncaster: Good
- Direct Carers Ltd, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Glenbrooke House, Gateshead: Good
- Beechcroft Nursing and Residential Home, Halton: Good
- Staff Call UK Ltd, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Laurel Court, Kirklees: Good
- Lindley Grange Nursing Home, Kirklees: Good
- Alistre Lodge Nursing and Care Home, Lancashire: Good
- MasterStaff Healthcare (Preston), Lancashire: Good
- Priory Court Nursing Care Home, Lancashire: Good
- Stella Matutina Care Home, Lancashire: Good
- SENSE - 138 Bradford Road, Leeds: Good
- St Philips Close, Leeds: Good
- The Thicket, Leeds: Good
- Sedgemoor Care Home, Liverpool: Good
- Alderlea - Care Home, North East Lincolnshire: Good
- Newcastle Community Care Services DCA, North Tyneside: Good
- Ashfield (Skipton) (North Yorkshire County Council), North Yorkshire: Good
- Anbridge Care Home, Oldham: Good
- Alexandra, Rotherham: Good
- Arran, Rotherham: Good
- Canna, Rotherham: Good
- Grange View, Rotherham: Good
- 365 Support Services, Sefton: Good
- Tithebarn, Sefton: Good
- Palmersdene, South Tyneside: Good
- Castlerock Recruitment Group, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Stockton Lodge Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- Fir Trees, Tameside: Good
- Clarence Gardens, Wakefield: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care, Warrington: Good
- Making Space Domiciliary Care and Outreach Service, Wigan: Good
- Bankfield Manor Care Home, Calderdale: Requires improvement
- East Croft Grange, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Eastfield Hall, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Integrity Home Care Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Rievaulx House Care Centre, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Lindisfarne House, Newcastle upon Tyne: Requires improvement
- Haverholme House, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Richden Park Care Home, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Careline Homecare (Newcastle), North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Osborne House, North Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Bailiffgate, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Careline Berwick, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Barley Brook, Wigan: Requires improvement
- St GeOrganisatione's (Wigan) Limited, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Mother Red Caps Home, Wirral: Requires improvement
- Four Seasons, Bolton: Inadequate
- Dignicare, Bradford: Inadequate
- Malvern Nursing Home, Bradford: Inadequate
- Lands House, Calderdale: Inadequate
- The Victoria Residential Home, Lancashire: Inadequate
- The Limes Nursing Home, Manchester: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager Kirstin Hannaford on 0191 233 3629. Alternatively, the CQC press office can be contacted on 0207 448 9401 or out of hours on 07789 876508.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.