You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 60 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 60 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 32 of these services have been rated as Good, 24 have been rated Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 60 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Choice Care, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- New Victoria Nursing Home, Blackpool: Good
- Greenlands Residential Home, Bolton: Good
- Hartington House, Bolton: Good
- Take A Break With Choices, Bolton: Good
- Hazel Bank Care Home, Bradford: Good
- Kingsway Nursing Home, County Durham: Good
- Westerleigh, County Durham: Good
- Shepherds Lodge Residential Home, Cumbria: Good
- Surecare Doncaster Ltd, Doncaster: Good
- Dales House, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Foxglove Care Limited - 18 Hall Leys, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Helme Hall and Helme View Care Home, Kirklees: Good
- The Conkers, Kirklees: Good
- Guy's Court Nursing Home, Lancashire: Good
- Morvern Care Centre, Lancashire: Good
- The Paceys, Leeds: Good
- Short Breaks - 228 Ryebank Road, Manchester: Good
- Castle Dene, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Eothen Residential Homes - Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Homecare North, Northumberland: Good
- BJP Home Support Limited, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Blenheim House, Redcar and Cleveland: Good
- Lifetime Homecare Ltd, Rotherham: Good
- Good Companions EMI Residential Care Home, Sefton: Good
- Spectrum Social Care Limited, Sheffield: Good
- Potensial Limited - 2 Belgrave Terrace, South Tyneside: Good
- Whitby Drive, Sunderland: Good
- De Brook Lodge, Trafford: Good
- Carlton Lodge, Wakefield: Good
- Woodlands Court Care Home, Wigan: Good
- Wirral Branch Office, Wirral: Good
- Dearne Hall, Barnsley: Requires improvement
- Ribble Homecare, Blackburn with Darwen: Requires improvement
- Corbrook Court Nursing Home, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- St Gregory's House Limited, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- China Cottage Nursing Home, Doncaster: Requires improvement
- Bluebell Residential Home Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- NL Group Limited, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Somerville House, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Ashleigh Care Home, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Astley Grange, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Stanley Burn, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Thornley Leazes Care, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Highfield Manor Care Home, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Honresfeld - Care Home with Nursing Physical Disabilities, Rochdale: Requires improvement
- Clasper Court, South Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Deneside Court, South Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Albany Care Home, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- St Martha's at Home, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- St Martha's Limited, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- Victoria Lodge Care Home, Sunderland: Requires improvement
- The Grove Care Home, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Whitwood Hall, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Norfolk House, Wigan: Requires improvement
- Amelia House Care Home, York: Requires improvement
- Oakleigh Care Home, Bradford: Inadequate
- Laburnum House Limited, Bury: Inadequate
- Lilycross Care Centre, Halton: Inadequate
- Roberttown Care Home Limited, Kirklees: Inadequate
For further information please contact CQC Regional Engagement Manager Kirstin Hannaford on 0191 233 3629 or David Fryer on 0790 151 4220.
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.