You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 59 more GP practices
The Care Quality Commission has published a further 59 reports on the quality of care provided by GP practices that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections by specialist teams, 49 practices have been rated as Good, five have been rated Outstanding, four have been rated Requires Improvement and one has been rated N/A*.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s GP practices are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Professor Steve Field, Chief Inspector of General Practice, said:
“We know that the vast majority of England's GPs are providing a service which is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led. If that is what we find on inspection - we give it a rating of Good, and I congratulate the GPs and staff in these practices.
“Patients should be able to expect high quality and consistent care from every GP practice. Where we have required improvement, we will expect the practice to take the necessary steps to address the issue, and we will return at a later date to check that those improvements have been made.
"If we find a practice to be Inadequate, we will put it into special measures, to allow the practice to access support available from NHS England and to ensure there is a coordinated response to help the practice improve.”
Full reports on all 59 inspections can be viewed using the links below.
GP Practices listed by CCG area and rating:
- Rosegarth Surgery, Calderdale: Outstanding
- Rock Healthcare, Bury: Outstanding
- Firdale Medical Centre, NHS Vale Royal CCG: Outstanding
- Urban Village medical practice, North Manchester: Outstanding
- St Georges Medical Practice, Rushcliffe: Outstanding
- Kings Corner Surgery, Bracknell & Ascot CCG: Good
- The Waterfield Practice, Bracknell & Ascot CCG: Good
- Evergreen Practice, Bracknell and Ascot CCG: Good
- The Sandhurst Group Practice (Owlsmoor), Bracknell and Ascot CCG: Good
- The Sandhurst Group Practice (Yorktown Road), Bracknell and Ascot CCG: Good
- Blessing Medical centre, Brent: Good
- Westbourne Medical Centre, Dorset: Good
- Dr CP Fairlamb and Partners, Durham Dales Easington and Sedgefield: Good
- Drs Healey Thornett and Sherringham, Gloucestershire: Good
- Yorkleigh Surgery - CT, Gloucestershire: Good
- ICO Health Group-Chinbrook Surgery, Hounslow: Good
- Dr Singh's Surgery, Hounslow: Good
- Wolseley Medical Centre, Hull: Good
- Petroc Group Practice, Kernow: Good
- Perranporth Surgery, Kernow CCG: Good
- Tavyside Health Centre, NEW Devon: Good
- Mid Devon Medical Practice, NEW Devon CCG: Good
- Topsham Surgery, NEW Devon CCG: Good
- Hungerford Surgery, Newbury and district CCG: Good
- St Mary’s Road Surgery, Newbury CCG: Good
- Nene Valley Medical Practice, NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG: Good
- Norton Canes Health Centre, NHS Cannock Chase CCG: Good
- Essington Medical Centre, NHS CCG Cannock Chase: Good
- Brewood Surgery, NHS CCG NHS Stafford and Surrounds: Good
- Eagle House Surgery, NHS Dorset CCG: Good
- Kirkley Mill Surgery, NHS Great Yarmouth & Waveney CCG: Good
- Dr Parmod Luthra, NHS Hounslow: Good
- South Wight Medical Practice, NHS Isle of Wight CCG: Good
- Orrell Park Medical Centre, NHS Liverpool CCG: Good
- Park View Medical Centre, NHS North Manchester CCG: Good
- Doctors Quayle, Rajagopal, Payne & Fox, NHS Northumberland CCG: Good
- Dr N Raichura & Dr J Mehta, NHS Shropshire CCG: Good
- Dr Paul Downie, NHS South Kent Coast CCG: Good
- Featherstone Family Health, NHS Stafford, Seisdon and Surrounds: Good
- Dr Ravi Latthe, NHS Walsall CCG : Good
- The Portland Road Practice, NHS West London CCG: Good
- Southernhey House Surgery, Northern, Eastern and Western Devon: Good
- Lodge Surgery, NSH Herts ValleyS CCG: Good
- Dr Clarke and Partners Wickersley Health Centree, Rotherham CCG: Good
- Dr Satya Kacker, Rotherham CCG: Good
- Monkspath Surgery, Solihull: Good
- Dr Hobbs, Dr Bashforth, Dr Sylvester and Dr Ford, South Eastern Hampshire: Good
- Dr Robert Stewart, South Kent Coast: Good
- Bowland Medical Practice, South Manchester CCG: Good
- University Health Service, Southampton: Good
- Dr Sankarakumaran Sathanandan, Southend: Good
- The Integrated Care Partnership, Surrey Downs CCG: Good
- Mayfield Medical Centre, Torbay CCG: Good
- South Milford Surgery, Vale of York: Good
- Rainworth Health Centre, Newark & Sherwood: Requires improvement
- Dr Atindranath Sikdar, NHS Swale CCG: Requires improvement
- Dr Chandrika Ramu, Swale: Requires improvement
- St Mary’s Medical Centre, West Kent: Requires improvement
For media enquiries about the Care Quality Commission, please call the press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours. Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team (please note: the duty press officer is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters). For general enquiries, please call 03000 616161.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
Please note that we have published separate press releases on the practices rated Outstanding and Inadequate.
These are among the first GP practices to receive a rating following the introduction of our new inspection regime, which features specialist teams including GPs and practice nurses and trained members of the public.
To get to the heart of people’s experiences of care, we always ask the following five questions of services.
- Are they safe?
- Are they effective?
- Are they caring?
- Are they responsive to people’s needs?
- Are they well-led?
For every NHS GP practice we will look at the quality of care for the following six population groups: Older people, People with long-term conditions, Families, children and young people, Working age people (including those recently retired and students), People whose circumstances may make them vulnerable, People experiencing poor mental health (including people with dementia).
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. Further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.