You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 58 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 58 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 31 have been rated as Good, 19 have been Requires Improvement and eight have been rated Inadequate
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 58 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Grantham Street, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Tabley House, Cheshire East: Good
- Plessington Court, Cheshire West and Chester: Good
- Abbotts Court, County Durham: Good
- Chilton Care Centre, County Durham: Good
- Lindisfarne Seaham, County Durham: Good
- Picktree Court Care Home, County Durham: Good
- Bethshan Nursing Home Limited, Cumbria: Good
- Middleton Lodge, Darlington: Good
- Middleton St George Healthcare Limited, Darlington: Good
- Ventress Hall Care Home, Darlington: Good
- Sandringham Road, Doncaster: Good
- The Conifers, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- Creative Support - Gateshead Service, Gateshead: Good
- Kesteven Grange, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Clear Care Limited, Lancashire: Good
- L'Arche Preston Moor Fold, Lancashire: Good
- Mrs Mollie Green - 23 Parliament Street, Lancashire: Good
- ShawCare@HighWray, Lancashire: Good
- Spout House Support Services Limited, Lancashire: Good
- Alphacare Northwest, Liverpool: Good
- St Judes Residential Care Home Ltd, Middlesbrough: Good
- Bowland Lodge, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Sunningdale Court - Care Home, North Lincolnshire: Good
- Harrogate District Hospice Care Limited, North Yorkshire: Good
- G&P Healthcare Ltd, Northumberland: Good
- Hawthorn Court, South Tyneside: Good
- 10 Spennithorne Road, Trafford: Good
- Kenneth House, Wirral: Good
- Wirral Autistic Society - 60 Manor Place, Wirral: Good
- The Dexters Limited, York: Good
- Lister House Nursing Home, Bradford: Requires improvement
- Florence Grogan House Residential Care Home, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Walsingham Support - 19 Beech Avenue, Cumbria: Requires improvement
- Stubblefields House, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- South Chowdene, Gateshead: Requires improvement
- 35 Priory Grove, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Sun Woodhouse Care Home, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Heightside House Nursing Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- St Gregory's Homecare Ltd, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- The Laurels Care and Nursing Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Amber Lodge - Leeds, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Eldonian House, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Knotty Ash Residential Home, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- U5 Limited, Liverpool: Requires improvement
- Weetslade Court, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Cramlington House, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Riverslie, Sefton: Requires improvement
- The Poplars Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Brampton Lodge, Warrington: Requires improvement
- Lindisfarne Ouston, County Durham: Inadequate
- Clarriots Care (Leeds East & Kirklees), Kirklees: Inadequate
- Euxton Park Care Home, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Allendale Residential Home Limited, Manchester: Inadequate
- Haythorne Place, Sheffield: Inadequate
- Ashbourne Lodge, Stockton-on-Tees: Inadequate
- Thelwall Grange Nursing Home, Warrington: Inadequate
- Pensby Hall Residential Home, Wirral: Inadequate
For further information, please contact
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629.
- David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220.
- Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.