You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 58 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 58 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 35 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good, 19 have been rated Requires Improvement and four have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 58 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Karva Care Services Limited, Birmingham: Good
- Manor Park, Birmingham: Good
- SENSE - 79 Coriander Close, Birmingham: Good
- Box Tree Cottage Residential Home, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Multi - Care Community Services Ltd, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Swan House Care Home, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Copthorne Lodge, Coventry: Good
- Meadow House, Coventry: Good
- VIP Homecare, Dudley: Good
- 19 Fairview Road, Essex: Good
- Crouched Friars Residential Home, Essex: Good
- Gairloch Residential Care Home, Essex: Good
- Howard Lodge Care Centre, Essex: Good
- Longview, Essex: Good
- Highview Lodge, Hertfordshire: Good
- Holmes House Care Home, Leicestershire: Good
- The Limes, Leicestershire: Good
- Castlemead Court Care Centre, Milton Keynes: Good
- Allen and Whitworth UK Limited - 90 Perry Street, Northamptonshire: Good
- Oakwood Nursing Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- Opika Care Ltd, Northamptonshire: Good
- Farthings Residential Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Care Services, Solihull: Good
- Abbottswood Lodge Residential Care Home, Southend-on-Sea: Good
- The Cambrian, Stoke-on-Trent: Good
- Beech House - Halesworth, Suffolk: Good
- Jane Bennett Care Services LTD, Suffolk: Good
- North Court Care Home, Suffolk: Good
- Paddock House, Suffolk: Good
- Glanmore, Telford and Wrekin: Good
- People in Action - Milverton Terrace, Warwickshire: Good
- Vicarage Road, Warwickshire: Good
- East Park Court, Wolverhampton: Good
- Voyage (DCA) (West Midlands), Wolverhampton: Good
- Tudor Lodge, Worcestershire: Good
- Hamilton Court, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Morning Stars, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Hatley Court, Cambridgeshire: Requires improvement
- Brookes House, Essex: Requires improvement
- Chaplin Lodge, Essex: Requires improvement
- Framland, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Orchard House, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- The Elms Residential Home, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Whetstone Grange, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Castlegate House Residential Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- The Grove Residential Care Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Sutherlands Nursing Home, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- ACS Care Services Ltd, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Claremont Parkway, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Culworth House Care Home with Nursing, Northamptonshire: Requires improvement
- Springfield House Residential Home, Staffordshire: Requires improvement
- Middlefield Manor, Suffolk: Requires improvement
- Carwood Residential Home, Telford and Wrekin: Requires improvement
- Parkfields Nursing Home, Wolverhampton: Requires improvement
- Acorn Care Home, Birmingham: Inadequate
- Treetops Care Home, Essex: Inadequate
- Kent Lodge Residential Home, Suffolk: Inadequate
- Wellbeing Care Support Services, Suffolk: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Manager, Louise Grifferty on 07717 422917. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.