You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 57 adult social care services in the North of England
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 57 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the North that have been inspected under its new approach.
Following recent inspections, 22 have been rated as Good, 29 have been Requires Improvement and six have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Debbie Westhead, CQC's Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the North, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that they have made the required improvements.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 57 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- Homecare For You Limited, Blackburn with Darwen: Good
- Withins (Breightmet) Limited, Bolton: Good
- FCNA Homecare, Bolton: Good
- Beacon House, Bradford: Good
- Knowles Court Residential and Nursing Home, Bradford: Good
- Applegarth Nursing Home, Cumbria: Good
- Briarfield, Cumbria: Good
- Meadowfield Lodge, East Riding of Yorkshire: Good
- 20 - 22 Middlesex Road, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Good
- Aaron Grange Care Home, Knowsley: Good
- Dercliffe Care Home, Lancashire: Good
- Home Lea House, Leeds: Good
- Lincoln Healthcare Group Limited, Newcastle upon Tyne: Good
- Belvoir Care Home Limited, Rochdale: Good
- Newmark Care Ltd, Rochdale: Good
- Clifton Meadows, Rotherham: Good
- The Mews, Rotherham: Good
- Sheffield DCA, Sheffield: Good
- Stapleton House, South Tyneside: Good
- Woodside Grange Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees: Good
- West Lodge, Sunderland: Good
- Birch Court Nursing and Residential Home, Warrington: Good
- Walshaw Hall, Bury: Requires improvement
- Corbrook Park, Cheshire East: Requires improvement
- Morningside Rest Home, Cheshire West and Chester: Requires improvement
- Abigail Lodge Care Home - Consett, County Durham: Requires improvement
- The Green Residential Care Home, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- The Old Vicarage at Airmyn, East Riding of Yorkshire: Requires improvement
- Longhill House - Care Home, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Wilton Lodge - Care Home, Kingston upon Hull, City of: Requires improvement
- Unique Care Providers, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Newsome Nursing Home, Kirklees: Requires improvement
- Longton Nursing and Residential Home, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Preston Private, Lancashire: Requires improvement
- Seacroft Grange Care Village, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Aire View, Leeds: Requires improvement
- St Lukes Care Home, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Astha Limited - Leeds, Leeds: Requires improvement
- Brookdale View, Manchester: Requires improvement
- Windermere Grange Care Home, Middlesbrough: Requires improvement
- Lindsey Lodge Hospice, North Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- North Tyneside Council Domiciliary Care Agency, North Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Stocksfield Square, Northumberland: Requires improvement
- Pendleton Court Care Home, Salford: Requires improvement
- Orrell Grange, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Kingsley Nursing Home, Sefton: Requires improvement
- Blenheim Court, Sheffield: Requires improvement
- Careline Homecare (South Tyneside), South Tyneside: Requires improvement
- Roseworth Lodge Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees: Requires improvement
- Stockingate Residential Home, Wakefield: Requires improvement
- Harlington House, York: Requires improvement
- Millreed Lodge Care Home, Calderdale: Inadequate
- Benamy Care, County Durham: Inadequate
- Cuerden Developments Limited - Cuerden Grange Nursing, Lancashire: Inadequate
- Beechwood Care Home, North Yorkshire: Inadequate
- The Whitehouse Residential Home, Sheffield: Inadequate
- JDK Limited (Glenholme Care), Wakefield: Inadequate
For further information, please contact:
- Kirstin Hannaford, Regional Engagement Manager on 0191 233 3629
- David Fryer, CQC Regional Communications Manager on 07901 514220
- Mark Humphreys, CQC Regional Communications Officer on 0191 233 3519 or 07881656012.
Journalists wishing to speak to the press office outside of office hours can find out how to contact the team here. Please note: the press office is unable to advise members of the public on health or social care matters. For general enquiries, please call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.