You are here
CQC inspectors publish reports on 57 adult social care services in the Central region
In the past week the Care Quality Commission has published a further 57 reports on the quality of care provided by adult social care services across the Central region.
Following recent inspections, 35 of these care homes and homecare agencies have been rated as Good and 19 have been rated Requires Improvement and three have been rated Inadequate.
Under CQC’s new programme of inspections, all of England’s adult social care services are being given a rating according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Sue Howard, Deputy Chief Inspector for Adult Social Care in the Central region, said:
"People are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care. If that is what we find on inspection - we give the service a rating of Good, or Outstanding.
"Where we find that services are not good enough, we will give a rating of Requires Improvement or Inadequate. If we find that a service requires improvement, we will expect them to provide us with a full plan setting out how they will address the issue. We will share our findings with local commissioners, and we will return in due course to check that the required improvements have been made.
"Whenever we find a service to be Inadequate, we will consider taking further action on behalf of the people who use the service."
Full reports on all 57 inspections are available on this website.
Adult Social Care services by local authority area and rating:
- RNID Action on Hearing Loss 11 Tarragon Gardens, Birmingham: Good
- Elm House, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Field Lodge, Cambridgeshire: Good
- St George's Glatton Hall, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Swan House Care Home, Cambridgeshire: Good
- Lady Spencer House, Central Bedfordshire: Good
- Victoria Gardens, Coventry: Good
- Bank Close House, Derbyshire: Good
- The Corner House, Derbyshire: Good
- Forest Home, Essex: Good
- Marmora Care Home, Essex: Good
- TLC Care Homes Limited (Summer House), Essex: Good
- Sue Ryder - Stagenhoe Park, Hertfordshire: Good
- Sunrise Operations Chorleywood Limited, Hertfordshire: Good
- Jubilee Villa Limited, Leicestershire: Good
- Ridgeway Care Centre, Lincolnshire: Good
- Widecombe Nursing Home, Luton: Good
- Bletchley House Residential Care and Nursing Home, Milton Keynes: Good
- St Nicholas Nursing Home, Norfolk: Good
- Hastings Lodge & Hastings Cottage, Northamptonshire: Good
- Lindsay House, Northamptonshire: Good
- Rathgar Care Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- Spencer House Care Home, Northamptonshire: Good
- Manor Residential Home (Arnold) Limited, Nottinghamshire: Good
- Eagle Wood Neurological Care Centre, Peterborough: Good
- Oak House, Sandwell: Good
- Holly Lodge Residential Home Limited, Stoke-on-Trent: Good
- Abbeyfield Deben Extra Care Society Limited, Suffolk: Good
- Margery Girling House, Suffolk: Good
- Quality Home Care Suffolk, Suffolk: Good
- Uvedale Hall Residential Home, Suffolk: Good
- Drovers House, Warwickshire: Good
- Home Instead Senior Care (Redditch and Bromsgrove), Warwickshire: Good
- Westlands, Warwickshire: Good
- Fallings Park Lodge, Wolverhampton: Good
- CareTech Community Services Limited - 19 Wheelwright Road, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- The Green Nursing Home, Birmingham: Requires improvement
- Bliss Support, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Milford House Care Home, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Whitwell Park, Derbyshire: Requires improvement
- Alexandra House - Harlow, Essex: Requires improvement
- Gosmore Nursing and Care Centre, Hertfordshire: Requires improvement
- Barkby Road, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Broadoak Lodge, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Hinckley House Care Home, Leicestershire: Requires improvement
- Greenacres Care Home, Lincolnshire: Requires improvement
- Hillcrest, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- PCT Care Services Ltd Head Office, Norfolk: Requires improvement
- Lancaster Grange, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Woodleigh Christian Care Home, Nottinghamshire: Requires improvement
- Hill Top Lodge, Sandwell: Requires improvement
- Boulevard Lodge, Southend-on-Sea: Requires improvement
- MiHomecare - Southend-on-Sea, Southend-on-Sea: Requires improvement
- Royal Leamington Spa Nursing Home, Warwickshire: Requires improvement
- Pinelodge Care Home, Hertfordshire: Inadequate
- Brockfield House, Northamptonshire: Inadequate
- Saint Mary's Nursing Home, Suffolk: Inadequate
For further information please contact Regional Engagement Officer, Helen Gildersleeve on 0191 2333379. Or call the CQC press office on 020 7448 9401 during office hours or out of hours on 07789 876508. For general enquiries, call 03000 61 61 61.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2017
Notes to editors
In October 2014, CQC began to roll out its new inspection regime for adult social care services across England, using specialist teams who will inspect and rate services against what matters to the people who use them. For further information, please visit 'Making the 'Mum test' real'.
Since 1 April, providers have been required to display their ratings on their premises and on their websites so that the public can see their rating quickly and easily. See further information on the requirement for providers to prominently display their CQC ratings.